musterion said: ask it out in Religion. So here goes:

Gurucam

You're not supposed to post here at all. Nothing wrong with your question -- ask it out in Religion.

For my own edification, I sought an answer to the question under, from the learned guys on ECT. I was promptly reminded that I am not permitted to post on that forum.

So I would like to ask, any 'learned' guy, the same simple question, on this forum:

Here goes:

Matthews: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

If Peter did not remain Satan, who was the rock that was given to anchor the following church of the Lord Jesus?:

1 Corinthians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Last edited:

Danoh

For my own edification, I sought an answer to the question under, from the learned guys on ECT. I was promptly reminded that I am not permitted to post on that forum.

So I would like to ask, any 'learned' guy, the same simple question, on this forum:

Here goes:

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

If Peter did not remain Satan, who was the rock that was given to anchor the following church of the Lord Jesus?:

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Peter was never Satan.

That was said to him in the sense of one who's well meant intent was nevertheless ignorantly against or adversarial to God's will.

Notice that He points out to Peter that Peter is going by his own idea of things there.

Said idea was ignorantly in opposition, adversarial, or satan, to God's will.

The Lord basically saying to him, get behind me with that nonsense, I have no time for it; I'm here to carry out the Father's will on this matter.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Peter was never Satan.

That was said to him in the sense of one who's well meant intent was nevertheless ignorantly against or adversarial to God's will.

Notice that He points out to Peter that Peter is going by his own idea of things there.

The Lord basically saying to him, get behind me with that nonsense, I have no time for it; I'm here to carry out the Father's will on this matter.
Book him

musterion

I beg your pardon, GC, that was the correct forum (since it was not ECT, my mistake), but it did warrant its own thread. I apologize.

I am still unclear on what you're asking.

Gurucam

Peter was never Satan.

Your corruption of the KJV N.T. is too simplistic to reply to.

Gurucam

I beg your pardon, GC, that was the correct forum (since it was not ECT, my mistake), but it did warrant its own thread. I apologize.

I am still unclear on what you're asking.

How can you find that a question that is not clear to you, warrants it own thread?

KingdomRose

Here goes:

So you are a teacher? Yikes. You don't understand what Jesus meant when he turned his back on Peter and said, "Get behind me Satan." Peter was not Satan! He had said something fleshly, thinking of Jesus' immediate physical welfare rather than spiritual things. That is what Jesus was trying to get Peter to see.

You also apparently do not understand that Jesus himself was the rock upon which the Church was to be built. "And did all drink the same spiritual drink; for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." (I Corinthians 10:4, KJV)

:D

Gurucam

KingdomRose

Teacher or not the question is based on simple logic. Here are some more of the bases of my question:

:idea: :idea: Here are some more considerations that led to my question:

My perceptions is that: a place where one's flesh is destroyed so that one's spirit might be save in the day of the Lord Jesus is a church where 'the dead' (the spiritually dead) becomes awaken to his own spirit. (this is to be born again')

Clearly this is a church where people's waxed gross hearts are converted to no longer waxed gross. Then Jesus can heal them

Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I (Jesus) should heal them.

At any event the destruction of one's flesh so that one's spirit can be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus, is works involving Jesus. This is a church in service to the Lord Jesus.

Also Satan is mentioned in both revelations. Also Jesus did appoint Peter to anchor a church for Him. And Jesus did say unto Peter, 'Get thee behind me, Satan'. So you can understand why I am asking. It is all linked up so perfectly.

Also my perception is that Paul's commission is the Christian (the follow Jesus) commission, not Peter's.

Peter's commission is for 'the dead'. That is, a church where 'the dead' can become spiritually aware.

Jesus made clear His two agendas:

Matthews: 8 KJV N.T.
22 But Jesus said unto him, 1. Follow me; and 2. let the dead bury their dead.

Peter and Paul have another very serious difference:

1 Corinthians: 15 KJV N.T.
35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Fact is, Peter knew and communed with, only the earthly Jesus (who was not the Lord). However Paul knew and communed with, the Spirit Jesus who is the Lord.

Last edited:

Bradley D

Peter is not the rock. What Peter said, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16) is what Jesus referred to as the foundation of the church. I'm sure Satan was working on Peter when he resisted what Jesus said about His upcoming death. Peter was tempted and fell, but got back up and continued on.

Gurucam

Peter is not the rock. What Peter said, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16) is what Jesus referred to as the foundation of the church. I'm sure Satan was working on Peter when he resisted what Jesus said about His upcoming death. Peter was tempted and fell, but got back up and continued on.

22 Then Peter took him (Jesus), and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he (Jesus) turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

As far as the revelation in the KJV N..T. confirms, Satan is a general description. It describes a person (any person) who 'savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men'. This is what made Peter, Satan.

And Peter does not stand alone. Very many people on earth 'savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men'. In fact this is why many are called and few chosen:

Matthew: 22 King James Version (KJV)
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Peter was so fiercely committed to 'savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men' that he rebuked Jesus for not saving his own physical life.

Peter was called Satan because he savored physical life more than eternal life. Peter rebuked Jesus for simply walking into his own crucifixion/death. Jesus' crucifixion and rise to heaven had a very divine and important spiritual implications and necessity (Peter was totally unaware of this):

John: 16 KJV N.T.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (the Spirit of Truth is the 'not seen' and eternal Spirit of Jesus)

Peter was consumed with Jesus' physical temporal life rather than Jesus Spiritual eternal life. This made Peter, Satan. Peter 'savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men'

One's physical/temporal life on earth is a thing of man. One's eternal/spiritual life is a thing of God.

Peter did not know that the physical, 'seen' and temporal son of man Jesus was not that consequential. In fact Paul blasphemed both the physical Jesus and the church which the physical Jesus establish under Peter. Paul was not punished for this, instead he was glorified by God and given Jesus' spirit and Spirit based Christian commission which is anchored on things of God. Peter remained with Jesus physical/flesh/'things of man' commission:

Matthews: 12 KJV N.T.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Peter did not know that the Spirit,'not seen' and eternal Son of God, Lord Jesus was consequential (i.e. as consequential as the Holy Ghost). Peter did not know that the physical Jesus had to go away by crucifixion and rising to heaven before the Spirit Jesus could be made available as our Lord. Unlike Paul, Peter was dead in many ways:

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

It is very note worthy that Peter knew only the earthly and flesh, physical, 'seen' and temporal, son of man Jesus, who was not Lord. Paul, on the other hand, knew and communed with, the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God, Jesus who is Lord.

Peter rebuked Jesus for not avoiding his crucifixion. Clueless and bold Peter rebuking Jesus for not abandoning His divine mission. This was Antichrist/Satanic behavior which only a spiritually dead person could and would have. Peter simply exposed his 'spiritually dead' and very unsavory nature to Jesus. Indeed according to the KJV N.T., these things made Peter, Satan.

(This is why it was befitting for Peter to anchor Jesus' Satanic church, where 'the dead' are sent so that their spirit might be saved', in the day of the Lord Jesus.

This was Peter, who was himself 'the spiritually dead', looking after other 'spiritually dead people'. The aim and end could be Jesus' second agenda: 'let the dead bury their dead'.

If one is in Peter's church it is, in the smallest way, well worth considering these fact.)

Peter demonstrated that he was spiritually dead (i.e. a child of the flesh), not a spiritually aware man. His heart/spirit was waxed gross. He was clueless about things of God. He was aware of only things related to his flesh or man side. This is why he was called Satan.

Peter was not capable of discerning things that were of God. Satans are children of the flesh/natural men. Peter was a natural man. He was not a spiritual man because Jesus told him: 'you savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men':

1 Corinthians 2 King James Version (KJV)
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Satan is any person who would choose to save his physical life and loose his eternal life. Peter, rebuked (of all people) Jesus for not abandoning his divine spiritual commitment and spiritual eternal life, so as to save his (Jesus) own physical life. This was Peter in full Satanic bloom and presentation:

Matthew: 16 King James Version (KJV)
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Satan is any person who savors 'seen' material earthly wealthy in favor of 'not seen' spiritual heavenly wealth.

Matthew: 6 King James Version (KJV)
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

You will have to discern whether or not Peter and Co. lay up their treasures on earth or in heaven. That is a fairly physical observation.

However, Peter & Co. certainly did not (go on to) look at things that are 'not seen' and temporal:

2 Corinthians: 4 KJV N.T.
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Now, a billion strong traditional Christians are looking to the physical, 'seen' and temporal son of man Jesus (who is not lord) and not to the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God, Lord Jesus. They all stumble at that stumbling-stone:

Seems to me that the misleading of the billion strong traditional Christians is the doing/works of Peter & Co. under erring Peter who self appointed himself, vicar of Christ.

Fact is, only Paul had live communion with the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God Jesus who is Lord. Also only Paul got the spirit and Spirit based Christian commission which is anchored on the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God Jesus who is Lord.

This means that only Paul can be vicar of Christ.

The sad fact is that Paul is the corner stone who you guys habitually, corruptly and 'any which way': denied, persecuted and undermined, so as to falsely prop-up Peter.

Last edited:

Bradley D

Peter and the other disciples had a view many of the Jews had then. They expected the Messiah to rein as an earthly King. To drive out the Romans and clean up the temple of its corruption. Jesus kept repeating that He would have to die and then resurrect. The disciples would listen, but not understand until Jesus did arise from the dead and appeared unto then. Jesus forgave Peter and gave him a mission. "He saith unto him, Feed my lambs" (John 21:15).

beameup

All are subject to the "fiery darts" of the enemy, and Peter was no exception. Following the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, believers were strengthened against the enemy.

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked (one). Eph 6:16

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Eph 2:1-2