MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You are misquoting BR, SD. I asked him if he believed all sins were forgiven on the cross, and he answered Yes. And that's what I believe, too, NOT that we must confess all sins to be forgiven.

We aren't even aware of all our sin until coming to faith (Lev. 4:2, Jn 16:12). It comes to the surface like pond scum. Better keep short accounts with God (Heb. 10:26).

Samie

We aren't even aware of all our sin until coming to faith (Lev. 4:2, Jn 16:12). It comes to the surface like pond scum. Better keep short accounts with God (Heb. 10:26).
If people are not aware of sin, then they are not to be held accountable. Think again, brother.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Before you've committed them? :dizzy: Sorry, Greek pagan (Ac 17:22).
When "Christ died on the cross for our sins" (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) all of our sins were in the future!
When you commit a sin (1 Jn 1:9), :listen: and you do (1 Jn 2:4) you'll need to bring it up one of these days :freak: to Almighty God. This is what we call a relationship. :plain:
1 John 1:9 KJV has nothing to do with confessing to a priest or otherwise. 1 John 1:9 KJV is about that day when a fountain is opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and uncleaness.

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

"That day" would be what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord. The Body of Christ has already been caught up to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18). It's in one accord with what Peter preached in Acts 3:

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Act 3:19-21 has nothing to do with the Body of Christ. Israel looks forward to the blotting out of their sins. That's what it says. For that is God's covenant unto them when He shall take awy their sins.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Israel looks forward to their sins being blotted out while we in the Body of Christ look back to the cross. We have already received the atonement.

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

It has NOTHING to do with anyone today!

Bob rejects that God foreknew us (Romans 8:28-30 KJV). Find yourself a preacher who actually preaches the cross as the means by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and trust the Lord believing IT to be saved.

God's Truth

1 John 1:9 states: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

At first glance, one might ascertain that means we need to confess each sin we commit in order to be forgiven of that particular sin. However, that contradicts the Scriptures that state, Christ died for the sins of all. He paid the price with His shed blood and that was a one time sacrifice.

The Bible tells us, "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Christ paid the price once and for all. The True Believers sins were already paid for therefore, we need not add anything to what Christ already accomplished. So, what is that Scripture verse really saying? It's relating to us that after we hear the Gospel of our salvation, we must confess to God that we are guilty of being a lost sinner and willing to place ALL of our faith in Christ as our Savior.

Christ's sacrifice was accepted by God the Father when Christ was raised from the dead. It was finished. We need only place our faith in Christ while admitting that we're a sinner in need of a Savior and that Savior is The Lord Jesus Christ. So far as desiring a good relationship with God goes, I personally think confessing a known sin that we've committed is a good way to show God our desire to have good fellowship with Him. However, we need not confess each and every sin in order to be forgiven. We've already been forgiven!

At least you say we have to come to God through Jesus and admit we are sinners; and, at least you say we should confess a known sin. However, how do you get you don't have to know all your sins?

God's Truth

At least you say we have to come to God through Jesus and admit we are sinners; and, at least you say we should confess a known sin.

I can hardly believe you admit it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
O--K!!!!!

Christ's Body WAS Made of the ""WORD Of GOD"" && ""Christ was the "TRUTH""!!!

(( "Not One Jot nor one Title SHALL IN NO WISE PASS from the L-A-W Until ALL Be Fulfilled )) // GOD // CHRIST!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 033016

No matter what you say, you're still mentally disturbed. You told TOL posters that you were placed in a mental institution by your church. You REALLY sound reliable. :rotfl:

chirhotech

I agree as well. I had this conversation with a friend the other day who believed they had to ask forgiveness for every sin to remain saved. The problem is for someone to claim this to be true and still be in right standing with God, they would have to be keenly aware, at all times, that everything that they say and did perfectly lined up with the standard of God. If sin is to be understood as "missing the mark" set before us by the Lord and His Word, then every time we do something contrary to His standard, we sin. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I figure more and more of this out every day. Constantly discovering new ways in which I need to change, different areas where I have fallen short. This means for over twenty-five years I was falling short in these areas and never asked forgiveness for it. Thank the Lord for His mercy and grace!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I agree as well. I had this conversation with a friend the other day who believed they had to ask forgiveness for every sin to remain saved. The problem is for someone to claim this to be true and still be in right standing with God, they would have to be keenly aware, at all times, that everything that they say and did perfectly lined up with the standard of God. If sin is to be understood as "missing the mark" set before us by the Lord and His Word, then every time we do something contrary to His standard, we sin. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I figure more and more of this out every day. Constantly discovering new ways in which I need to change, different areas where I have fallen short. This means for over twenty-five years I was falling short in these areas and never asked forgiveness for it. Thank the Lord for His mercy and grace!
Colossians 1:20 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Salvation from sin is why Jesus came to earth for. If one is forgiven, then he is saved from sin. And as you said forgiveness was done on the cross, then salvation from sin was done on the cross FOR all. And so, all were saved from sin. This is Salvation in the past tense. God's work FOR us ALL. Not an iota of human participation.

Sadly, you teach that unless people first believe, he cannot benefit from what God through Christ has done FOR all of humanity. That smells of salvation by works, brother.

I'd have my sinuses checked if I were you? One MUST place their faith in Christ as their Savior before they become a child of God. You must be a Calvinist?