ECT Murder?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There seems to be confusion as to what is and what is not murder.

Jesus said, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time thou shalt not kill, and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment, but I say unto you that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment..."

Angry without a cause.

If circumstances justify the use of deadly force to protect oneself and/or others that is not murder according to Jesus.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Jesus said, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time thou shalt not kill, and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment, but I say unto you that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment..."

Angry without a cause.

If circumstances justify the use of deadly force to protect oneself and/or others that is not murder according to Jesus.

i agree - :patrol:

revpete

Murder is the cold, calculating and planned act of taking another's life. What's confusing about that?

Pete👤

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Angry without a cause.

You are way off base. He was pointing out unrighteousness, not crime and punishment.

It is true that killing to defend yourself from attack is not murder. Murder is shedding of innocent blood.

Anapto

On the spiritual end of it, hate holds the same fate as murder.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

hateth (his brother)
G3404
miseō
mis-eh'-o
From a primary word misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

murderer
G443
anthrōpoktonos
anth-ro-pok-ton'-os
From G444 and κτείνω kteinē (to kill); a manslayer: - murderer. Compare G5406.

G5406
φονεύς
phoneus
fon-yooce'
From G5408; a murderer (always of criminal [or at least intentional] homicide; which G443 does not necessarily imply; while G4607 is a special term for a public bandit): - murderer.

Neither have eternal life abiding in them, which is to say Christ.

Anapto

Angry without a cause.

You emphasized the right qualifier in Matt.5:21. I suppose there are things God hates and won't stand for and being angry at a brethren "without cause" is one of them.

KJV
Pro 6:16
These six things doth the LORD hate:
yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17
A proud look,
a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19
A false witness that speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Not to mention the deeds and doctrine of the 'Nicolaitans'.