whatever he’s thinking

saying or doing

he knows for an absolute fact

that he is in the center of the will

of the Eternal Almighty

for his life and salvation.

This knowledge is a rare gift

and is accompanied by absolute truth.

It is only understood by the recipients.

Those that do not understand

have no other option than to hate,

mock and despise.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Wherever he is

whatever he’s thinking

saying or doing

of the Eternal Almighty

mock and despise.

This is not true.

Peter found himself in the wrong at Antioch, Paul mentions many who were in need of repentance. To be out of the way or backslidden does not mean we have lost our salvation but we are definitely not in the perfect will of God.

I don't think you are trousers that's my honest opinion.

God's Truth

Wherever he is

whatever he’s thinking

saying or doing

of the Eternal Almighty

mock and despise.

You, as the many others, have shown yourselves to be hypocrites.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
...have no other option than to hate,

mock and despise.

"No 'other option'? REALLY?

Human behavior gives the lie to this assertion. We often lack the imagination and creativity to react in more helpful ways to situations we disagree with.

Hate, mockery and despising are immature reactions that are learned in our toddler-hood because of our parents who were taught similar ways of behavior in their early family life.

This reality is exactly why Jesus made such savage attacks on the family values of his day.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said a lot about hypocrisy.
In my experience, Jesus is always there whenever I myself exhibit hypocritical behavior.

And my thanks goes out to the many posters on TOL who have helped me realize I need to be accountable for the logs in my own eye.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
...and to prove the point.

You are a rollercoaster Christian aren't you.

You go for long periods on a high and begin to believe you have reached the state of perfection......then you fall back and you spend a time in the pits

God's Truth

Jesus said a lot about hypocrisy.
In my experience, Jesus is always there whenever I myself exhibit hypocritical behavior.

And my thanks goes out to the many posters on TOL who have helped me realize I need to be accountable for the logs in my own eye.

If you are saved, then Jesus is always there, living inside your heart.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We are all hypocritical at times.
And Jesus said a lot about hypocrites.

We should strive to be accountable for our own hypocrisy before we deem to judge others as hypocritical.

"Look to the logs in our own eye before we deem to pick out the tiny speck of sawdust in our neighbor's."

Lon

The point of this thread is that those who are regenerate will rejoice in the truth and be glad. All others....read the last few lines.
John 15:18-25 is a difficult passage BECAUSE it can and often does cause a false sense of security. Not only do the righteous use it, the false-teacher does as well. He/she deems that it supports their own views against Christendom. Because of that, we must weigh such notions heavily against other scriptures that call us to examine the truth.

I'm not sure if what I say will directly speak to you, but I lift it up in hopes it may.

It is true that the Spirit will attest to our Spirit that we are His, Romans 8:16 but He doesn't always tell me I'm "right." Sometimes our God tells me to seek the truth of a matter out in the scriptures and other times, 2 Corinthians 13:5 1 Timothy 4:16 to correct my thinking by them. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Otherwise I think we'd be too prideful. We aren't capable of that in this old body of flesh, imho. My greatest revelation from God was that God didn't think like me and was not a man. This necessarily meant and means that I have to renew my mind. Romans 12:2 Ephesians 4:22-24 I no longer confuse assurance that we are His with 'having it all correct.' Paul says we see through a glass darkly 1 Corinthians 13:12,13 and John tells us it is only when we 'see Him, we will be like Him for we will see Him as He is." 1 John 3:1-3

I believe we are in this position 1) because we are finite creatures, 2) because sin affects our minds and thus we are always battling against getting it wrong, and 3) that we'd be humble and dependent on God throughout our lives.

God's Truth

We are all hypocritical at times.
And Jesus said a lot about hypocrites.

We should strive to be accountable for our own hypocrisy before we deem to judge others as hypocritical.

"Look to the logs in our own eye before we deem to pick out the tiny speck of sawdust in our neighbor's."

No, we are not all hypocrites at times.

Once you get the log out of your eye, you can help someone else to stop sinning.