MATTHEW 10:22 ENDURETH TO THE END

DougE

Matthew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Jesus was teaching about the coming kingdom of heaven; the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. Before the coming of the Lord Jesus, and his kingdom, there will be a time of great tribulation upon Israel; the time of Jacob's trouble. Matthew 10:7 Jeremiah 30:9 Mark 13:12

Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

Israel will be physically saved out of this tribulation by the Lord.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Israel had to endure to the end of the tribulation, the coming of the Lord, to be physically saved out of it, and to enter the kingdom on earth.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Jesus is teaching Israel to endure til his coming.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Matthew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Jesus was teaching about the coming kingdom of heaven; the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. Before the coming of the Lord Jesus, and his kingdom, there will be a time of great tribulation upon Israel; the time of Jacob's trouble. Matthew 10:7 Jeremiah 30:9 Mark 13:12

Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

Israel will be physically saved out of this tribulation by the Lord.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Israel had to endure to the end of the tribulation, the coming of the Lord, to be physically saved out of it, and to enter the kingdom on earth.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Jesus is teaching Israel to endure til his coming.
Matthew chapter 10 is Christ speaking to His future Apostles. He's not talking to us, He's not talking to Israel or to future Christians, but to His future Apostles and to Judas.

DougE

Yes, Jesus was at first addressing the Apostles, but that was expanded to include more than the Apostles. I think it starts to shift to include Israel in verse 18 ( goes from you to ye) and certainly at verse 21.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
I don't see any reason to think that the Apostles represent anyone other than the Church. I think it's pretty clear that the Lord considered that the chief priests represented Israel (Mt23:1-2KJV). I don't see anywhere where the Apostles sat in Moses' seat. :idunno:

Right Divider

Body part
I don't see any reason to think that the Apostles represent anyone other than the Church. I think it's pretty clear that the Lord considered that the chief priests represented Israel (Mt23:1-2KJV). I don't see anywhere where the Apostles sat in Moses' seat. :idunno:
Mat 19:28 KJV And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luk 22:29-30 KJV And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; (30) That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mat 21:42-45 KJV Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? (43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (44) And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. (45) And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Luk 12:32 KJV Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

It's very easy to follow if you don't let your false religious indoctrination rule over you.

The kingdom was to be taken FROM unbelieving Israel (i.e., the rulers of that time) and given to the little flock (i.e., as lead by the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes of Israel).

THAT church is NOT the church which is His body... i.e., the body of Christ.