Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57

Of course the Lord loves His people, but you seem confused as to why God hates those who are not His people. Why does God hate the wicked?

1. Just because He wants to?
2. Because they refuse to turn from their sin?
3. Because he has pleasure in torturing them for eternity for the sin of not being elected?
4. Because He needed some creatures to burn in hell forever to magnify His power and glory?

For some other reason? What scripture can you provide to clear this up?
Here you go changing the subject again. This thread is about God saving His People from their sins, and who are His People.

marke

Here you go changing the subject again. This thread is about God saving His People from their sins, and who are His People.
I understand. Calvinists only talk about the saved who trust Christ for salvation, but cannot support their erroneous belief that God never had any intention of allowing the rest of billions of sinners to get saved because He wanted to burn them in hell in wrathful anger forever for some reason supposedly related to magnifying His power and glory. I agree with Calvinists that Jesus intended to save the elect. I do not agree with Calvinists who say God had no desire to save sinners He intended to burn in hell for His own pleasure.

beloved57

I understand. Calvinists only talk about the saved who trust Christ for salvation, but cannot support their erroneous belief that God never had any intention of allowing the rest of billions of sinners to get saved because He wanted to burn them in hell in wrathful anger forever for some reason supposedly related to magnifying His power and glory. I agree with Calvinists that Jesus intended to save the elect. I do not agree with Calvinists who say God had no desire to save sinners He intended to burn in hell for His own pleasure.
You still changing the subject.

marke

You still changing the subject.
So what? You cannot address biblical issues that are not part of your narrow focus? I don't believe you can because you suggest that God never had any intention of offering salvation to any but a select few of His choosing, but you cannot offer definitive scriptural support for that bad doctrinal view because it is wrong.

beloved57

So what? You cannot address biblical issues that are not part of your narrow focus? I don't believe you can because you suggest that God never had any intention of offering salvation to any but a select few of His choosing, but you cannot offer definitive scriptural support for that bad doctrinal view because it is wrong.
Looks like you arent addressing the biblical issues Im posting about in the thread since you change the subject everytime.

beloved57

His People that He SHALL save from their sins, are all of the many He represented Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one[Jesus] shall many be made righteous.

To make or be made righteous is another way of saying to save them from their sins.

marke

His People that He SHALL save from their sins, are all of the many He represented Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one[Jesus] shall many be made righteous.

To make or be made righteous is another way of saying to save them from their sins.
Why does Jesus not save everyone if all that is needed for salvation is for God to decide He wants to save regardless of anything related to the sinner? Is God a God of haste? Does God find it hard to spread His love that far? Does God take pleasure in burning helpless and hopeless sinners in the fires of hell?

beloved57

Why does Jesus not save everyone if all that is needed for salvation is for God to decide He wants to save regardless of anything related to the sinner? Is God a God of haste? Does God find it hard to spread His love that far? Does God take pleasure in burning helpless and hopeless sinners in the fires of hell?
Jesus saving some even many is based on promise!

beloved57

We are aware that not all men will be saved but you don't convince me that God prevents most sinners from getting saved so He can burn them in Hell for His pleasure.
God didnt promise to save all men without exception, though all men without distinction, jews and gentiles.

marke

God didnt promise to save all men without exception, though all men without distinction, jews and gentiles.
God did not promise to save all men but He did make it possible for all men to be saved by coming to Jesus on God's terms to be forgiven of their sins and to be saved.

beloved57

God did not promise to save all men but He did make it possible for all men to be saved by coming to Jesus on God's terms to be forgiven of their sins and to be saved.
Nowhere does Gods word say He made salvation possible. Gods word says He shall save His peole from their sins, not make it possible. Possible salvation is a false gospel.

marke

Nowhere does Gods word say He made salvation possible. Gods word says He shall save His peole from their sins, not make it possible. Possible salvation is a false gospel.
Nowhere does the Bible suggest God never intended to save those He supposedly wanted from the beginning to burn in hell.

marke

Scripture says He shall save His people from their sins Matt 1:21
We understabd that God intended Jesus' sacrifice to save all who come to Jesus by faith, but God also provided Jesus as a propitiation for the sins of the whole world. Are you aware that Jesus was made the propitiation for the sins of the whole world?

beloved57

His People that He shall save from their sins, its not limited, restricted to ethnic jews as its falsely taught by many today, but does include some Gentiles, or people of all ethnicities. Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now Paul writing to a gentile church in Thessalonica writes 1 Thess 1:10

10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Whose the us Jesus delivered from the wrath to come ? Its His People of Matt 1:21 Its the very same Jesus ! Its the very same His People. Arent the gentile Thessalonians referred to as Gods Elect ? 1 Thess 1:4

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

So the saving of Jesus people from their sins, and consequently from the wrath of God, is fulfilled with saving, delivering these chosen Gentiles from their sins, and the ensuing wrath to come !

beloved57

Therefore He regenerates them He comes to save, according to the Promise. The Promise again is that He shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now part of His Saving Work as Saviour is the washing of regeneration Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

These are His People. Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Notice they are a peculiar people which means:

1. that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions
    1. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

So regenerating them is a must in fulfilling the promise that He shall save His People from their sins !

beloved57

Its a positive promise that Jesus will shall save His People from their sins !

Matt 1:21

His people are all who belong to Him Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And Christ Jesus came to save sinners, not make it possible 1 Tim 1:15,13

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

To save sinners like He saved the Apostle Paul, in fact thats what hes writing of in the above scripture, how He was saved from blaspheming, and persecuting and unbelief and ignorance

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

And how Christ saved Zacchaeus Lk 19:2-10

2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

You see how Christ came to seek and to save Paul and Zacchaeus, thats how He saves in one fashion or another each of them He came to save from their sins.

marke

Its a positive promise that Jesus will shall save His People from their sins !

Matt 1:21

His people are all who belong to Him Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Calvinists make a big mistake thinking that because God has promised to save those who believe that He is also willing that all others go to hell without having any opportunity to repent of sins and believe the gospel to the salvation of their souls.