Mans heart by nature is unrepentant !

beloved57

Rom 2:5

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Paul here is speaking to a man, look at vs 1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Whether jew or gentile mans heart by nature is hard and what Paul called impenitent. Now the word impenitent is interesting, its the greek word ametanoétos and means:

unrepentant, impenitent.

admitting no change of mind

Then its also described by the word hardness,

sklērótēs – hardness (literally, "hard from being dry"), i.e. stubborn, obstinate.

This describes man by nature to the things of God ! Now I know many will proudly say within themselves, thats not me, well remember that the heart by nature is as Jeremiah put it Jer 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Its insidious Its like the word beguile, remember with Eve 2 Cor 11:3 ?

And the word desperately means incurable. The human heart by nature is incurably wicked !

Thats why one must be born again and given a new heart, as Ezekiel states here Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The heart of flesh here is a new spiritual heart thats no longer stubborn, obstinate, and unrepentant !

Thats the only way a man or women can repent, otherwise the heart we have by nature, is unrepentant, and that without cure !

Last edited:

Nanja

Rom 2:5

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Paul here is speaking to a man, look at vs 1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Whether jew or gentile mans heart by nature is hard and what Paul called impenitent. Now the word impenitent is interesting, its the greek word ametanoétos and means:

unrepentant, impenitent.

admitting no change of mind

Then its also described by the word hardness,

sklērótēs – hardness (literally, "hard from being dry"), i.e. stubborn, obstinate.

This describes man by nature to the things of God ! Now I know many will proudly say within themselves, thats not me, well remember that the heart by nature is as Jeremiah put it Jer 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Its insidious Its like the word beguile, remember with Eve 2 Cor 11:3 ?

And the word desperately means incurable. The human heart by nature is incurably wicked !

Thats why one must be born again and given a new heart, as Ezekiel states here Ezk 36:26

[FONT=&]A new [/FONT]heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The heart of flesh here is a new spiritual heart thats no longer stubborn, obstinate, and unrepentant !

Thats the only way a man or women can repent, otherwise the heart we have by nature, is unrepentant, and that without cure !

Yep, there's no other way!

God's Righteous Judgment is to punish sinners for their unrepentant heart.

Yet to certain other sinners whom Christ died for Titus 2:14; Eph. 2:5; John 3:5, it's His Will that every one of them shall come to repentance 2 Pet. 3:9. He Gives them a penitent heart John 3:27, makes them Spiritually Alive in New Birth, like the prodigal son for instance Luke 15:24. Only then can they perform Spiritual works that the scriptures command in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:9.

So, if God never gives a person a New Heart, it's because they never belonged to Him in the first place Mat. 13:38-39; were never His Adopted Children before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4-5. And that's the reason they shall never repent in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:8, but shall go to their death with a wicked Jer. 17:9, unbelieving heart Rev. 22:11.

beloved57

Yep, there's no other way!

God's Righteous Judgment is to punish sinners for their unrepentant heart.

Yet to certain other sinners whom Christ died for Titus 2:14; Eph. 2:5; John 3:5, it's His Will that every one of them shall come to repentance 2 Pet. 3:9. He Gives them a penitent heart John 3:27, makes them Spiritually Alive in New Birth, like the prodigal son for instance Luke 15:24. Only then can they perform Spiritual works that the scriptures command in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:9.

So, if God never gives a person a New Heart, it's because they never belonged to Him in the first place Mat. 13:38-39; were never His Adopted Children before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4-5. And that's the reason they shall never repent in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:8, but shall go to their death with a wicked Jer. 17:9, unbelieving heart Rev. 22:11.

Very good post my Sister .

musterion

Calvin said God intended the nonelect to be unbelievers and so left them unable to be saved. Consistent, honest Calvinists agree with him.