"Love the sinner hate the sin" Who said this?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Step up, answer the question and win the prize.... (bragging rights)

Who said, "Love the sinner hate the sin?"

Bradley D

"Love the sinner hate the sin" is not scripture. But the idea may have come from the below verses.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." (Matthew 5:43-44).

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mahatma Gandhi from St. Augustine.

Ding ding ding ding diiiiing!

Yep, sadly most people mistakenly think Jesus said it rather than this diaper wearing adulterous Hindu.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a feeble attempt to separate the sinner from his sin. It's origin is unregenerate man and so Satan.

Once again, the resident school girl shows to be a child of the devil and grossly perverts scripture and what happened at the cross and why.

Romans 5

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Step up, answer the question and win the prize.... (bragging rights)

Who said, "Love the sinner hate the sin?"

He also said, "“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

And honestly, with the elite divisions and absolute twisting of Jesus teachings that go on, to remove our obligation to love the sinner that sins, despite their sin, well, it is justified.

Nowhere did Jesus say I can't hang out with you because your not from my congregation, or don't follow my commandments.

He sure did Love though, and make a big fuss about those things.

Many churched people are so concerned about losing their salvation that they forget to Love everyone the way Jesus would have.

He died for us "while we were yet sinners".

That is a lot of Love.

Where would the institutional church be if it focused on Loving the sinner and trusting the Holy Spirit to do the changing part, and Trust God as He takes a lifetime to get them where He alone wants them to be?

Some places do, but know there are crusaders of Hate that starve to destroy any institution of Love.

No one likes to be called a sinner! Well, duh. Why do so many profess to not sin.

It's a lot easier then being in full admission that we are sinners only sinless by the declaration of Jesus to the Father.

Jesus perfection is traded for our utter need of Him.

We are sinners who sin, but without charge by the removal of the law and command to LOVE. If you really think about it, to claim elite fleshly perfection is an easy way out.

Grace isn't a license to sin, but it is Gods license to Save and Love despite our differing issues of missing the mark of perfection. Aka. He forgives the sinner and declares the believers without sin, because the are not charged by the Law.

Where there is no law there is no charge. But we are still commanded to Love. Woe to them that beet others of debts that they beat others for, but fail to recognize there debt was greater in the Fathers eyes.

The majority of Good News that comes from the pulpit and leaves the doors isn't good news at all.

Last edited: