Legalized pot - this wasn't supposed to happen.

musterion

It is what Colorado Springs mayor John Suthers calls "the total nightmare" scenario, a byproduct of the state's recent legalization of first medicinal, and later recreational, marijuana.

People from out of town or even foreign countries move to Colorado and "buy or lease houses by the hundreds if not thousands," explains Suthers, who previously served 10 years as attorney general of the state.

The new residents then convert the residential homes to industrial grow operations. They're "basically trashing the houses because they're making so much freaking money they don't care, and growing hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of plants in each house. And transporting it out of state to marijuana markets nationally and internationally. Literally. Marijuana is going back to Mexico from Colorado," asserts Suthers.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/full/it-wasnt-supposed-to-work-this-way/article/2002373

Leftists -- there's nothing they won't destroy.

shagster01

What a load of bull. You must have a state license to have more than a few plants, and you are regulated like any other business. This guy has been against legalization (CO Springs is the right-wing religious wingnut city of Colorado, thus the PP shooting and such) from the beginning and is making this stuff up. I live here, as do many people on this site, and I assure you it is a great place to live.

If this was true, they'd be acting against the law. But as you right-wingers say about criminals, they don't follow laws anyway.

WizardofOz

Really. Starting major grow operations in a residential dwelling would be against the law so how would moving to CO to do it help them in any way? :liberals:

shagster01

Really. Starting major grow operations in a residential dwelling would be against the law so how would moving to CO to do it help them in any way? :liberals:

It's just an anti-marijuana mayor, that has been a naysayer from the start making a claim with no proof to back it.

shagster01

Maybe those states should build a wall. :idunno:

If you are suggesting that we are the Al Capones of weed, then I guess you know what you'll have to do to stop it.... End prohibition. Because people in Nebraska will get their weed one way or another.

Still, the only "proof" I've seen is naysayers saying so.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Marijuana is not that bad. It certainly is not as bad as alcohol.

The problem is that people just don't want to admit it. They want to cling to the ignorant bias that it is something that it never really was :rolleyes:

It is why they invented the myth of it being a 'gateway drug', because the supposed 'danger' of it simply wasn't evident.

shagster01

That's great news for pot smokers !!

Eh. Even if true, it changes nothing. Dispensaries are so cheap that it makes no sense to use the black market. In my area medium grade stuff is about $45 for a quarter of an ounce and 10% of that goes into a personal store credit account to be used that the customer's discretion. Plus, coupons, sales, and loyalty cards. It's dirt cheap now. And you know it's not laced or tainted in any way, because it's a regulated business, not Joe Schmoe on 10th St. No need for a black market.

As for other states, it will come from somewhere regardless. Nebraska's complaint is basically, "Weed is coming from Colorado instead of Mexico now." Not sure why that is a complaint. I guess they have a lot of people that want to support Mexican cartels there.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe those states should build a wall. :idunno:

I like these walls as they're the perfect place to put drug pushers and drug addicts.

9fe6f9d91b7363a4e6f928fb79abfa53.jpg

If you are suggesting that we are the Al Capones of weed, then I guess you know what you'll have to do to stop it.... End prohibition.

Since we're talking about a culture of death, how about stricter penalties against those who push and use drugs?

Because people in Nebraska will get their weed one way or another.

It won't be from those behind prison walls.

Still, the only "proof" I've seen is naysayers saying so.

I'm not here to prove anything to someone like you shag; surely you must know that by now?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Eh. Even if true, it changes nothing. Dispensaries are so cheap that it makes no sense to use the black market. In my area medium grade stuff is about $45 for a quarter of an ounce and 10% of that goes into a personal store credit account to be used that the customer's discretion. Plus, coupons, sales, and loyalty cards. It's dirt cheap now. And you know it's not laced or tainted in any way, because it's a regulated business, not Joe Schmoe on 10th St. No need for a black market...

His life revolves around drugs. How sad.

shagster01

I like these walls as they're the perfect place to put drug pushers and drug addicts.

9fe6f9d91b7363a4e6f928fb79abfa53.jpg

Since we're talking about a culture of death, how about stricter penalties against those who push and use drugs?

It won't be from those behind prison walls.

Did you pull this reply straight out of a 1919 prohibitionist publication?

I'm not here to prove anything to someone like you shag; surely you must know that by now?

Boy do I! Things with proof are certainly not your forte.