law and delight in the same verse

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 1:2 NASB - But his delight is in the law of the LORD,And in His law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 40:8 NASB - I delight to do Your will, O my God;Your Law is within my heart."

Psalm 119:70 NASB - Their heart is covered with fat,But I delight in Your law.

Psalm 119:77 NASB - May Your compassion come to me that I may live,For Your law is my delight.

Psalm 119:92 NASB - If Your law had not been my delight,Then I would have perished in my affliction.

Psalm 119:174 NASB - I long for Your salvation, O LORD,And Your law is my delight.

Robert Pate

Banned
Psalm 1:2 NASB - But his delight is in the law of the LORD,And in His law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 40:8 NASB - I delight to do Your will, O my God;Your Law is within my heart."

Psalm 119:77 NASB - May Your compassion come to me that I may live,For Your law is my delight.

Psalm 119:92 NASB - If Your law had not been my delight,Then I would have perished in my affliction.

Psalm 119:174 NASB - I long for Your salvation, O LORD,And Your law is my delight.

The law reveals the goodness and righteousness of God. It is his nature.

God is just, merciful and righteous in all of his dealings with sinful man.

Because he is just, merciful and righteous we can fully and completely trust him.

way 2 go

how do you feel about walking in the spirit
instead of ... :think:
can you even delight in the law now ? (Rom 7:9)

Gal 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul was referring to the law of the Jews. Is that the law you say we are not under?

I have yet to see any Christians claim they are under the law of the Jews.

:doh:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
how do you feel about walking in the spirit
instead of ... :think:
can you even delight in the law now ? (Rom 7:9)

Gal 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
We can always delight in the law of the LORD. That which comes from God is good.

God's commands are about loving God and loving your neighbor.

God's Law explains much to us about the way we should live.

See Romans 8:1-4 NASB.

Reactions: Lon

way 2 go

We can always delight in the law of the LORD. That which comes from God is good.
:think:
the day the law was given
Exo 32:28 And the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And that day about three thousand men of the people fell.

the day the holy spirit was given
Act 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

God's commands are about loving God and loving your neighbor.
that is what the law was trying to achieve . did it?

God's Law explains much to us about the way we should live.
the 3 ? (Gen 9)
the 10 ?
the 613 ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:think:
the day the law was given
Exo 32:28 And the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And that day about three thousand men of the people fell.

the day the holy spirit was given
Act 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

that is what the law was trying to achieve . did it?

the 3 ? (Gen 9)
the 10 ?
the 613 ?

I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law.

way 2 go

I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law.

me too,

but

Act 15:19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God,
Act 15:20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

so what law do you want to add to acts 15:20

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
me too,

but

Act 15:19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God,
Act 15:20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

so what law do you want to add to acts 15:20
It is my belief that God's Law has not been abolished. You are citing instruction for all Gentile believers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is the Law of Moses being observed to day?
Are you asking about God's commands found in the Law of Moses and if they are being observed today?

By saying Law of Moses I am referring to the first five books of the Bible, which are also called the Torah, the Law, or the five books of Moses.

These are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.