Justification By Faith and the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel is the means by which we are justified by faith.

To be justified by faith means that we have been justified by Christ. Jesus Christ is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Not Calvinism, Not Catholicism, Not any religion.

Paul wrote, "To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS that he might be just and the JUSTIFIER of him that believes in Jesus, Romans 3:26.

In the judgment, when we shall ALL be judged, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Christ will stand in our place and we will be judged according to HIS merit and HIS atonement for our sins. If you are not "In Christ" you will be judged according to your own righteousness and your own works. This is why Paul wrote, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

What does it mean to be "In Christ?" It means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for you sins, plus nothing else. If you add anything to the Gospel then it is no longer the Gospel, it is another Gospel, Galatians 1:6-8. Many are going to say in that day, "But Lord, Lord, wasn't I a Calvinist. But Lord, Lord, wasn't I a Catholic, But Lord, Lord, didn't I do many wonderful works in your name". The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the work and the person of Jesus Christ. If God does not see you "In Christ". You will perish.

Paul wrote, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1. The reason that we have peace with God is because this is the way that we are justified. This is God's plan of salvation and not ours. It is God's plan that Jesus justifies us and makes us right with God. This is how we are reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10. If God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" then what good is any religion?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Not true. Why are you so adverse to telling the truth?

For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. (1 Corinthians 11:31)​

You will be judged. Paul was talking about the life of the Christian, not the final Judgment.

"But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" 1 Corinthians 11:32.

There is more about this in Hebrews 12:5-11.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Those that are found to be "In Christ" will live for ever with Jesus, John 3:16.

Those that are not "In Christ" will go to hell forever, Matthew 23:33.

Well, we know that is not true. The word "hell" is from the Greek hades and it is revealed both death and hades will be destroyed.

Robert Pate

Banned
Well, we know that is not true. The word "hell" is from the Greek hades and it is revealed both death and hades will be destroyed.

You appear to always be looking for an out.

There will be no out in the judgment. If you are found in your sins you will go to hell, Matthew 10:28.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since the Catholic Church has never claimed that the Church is our justifier. Please correct your error in the future.
Romans 1:16-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall live by faith.”

Cruciform

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall live by faith.”
Amen! :up: