JUDE WAS WRITTEN TO ISRAEL

DougE

Jude is best viewed as being written not unto the church, the body of Christ, but unto the believing remnant of Israel. A few verses to consider:

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Peter, in speaking to Israel (1 Peter 1:1), also reminded Israel to remember what was spoken of, by the twelve apostles in 2 Peter 3:2.

1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Peter told Israel that there would be mockers in the last time in 2 Peter 3:3-4 (1 John 2:18). The last time, or last days, was the time in which Israel would be restored in the kingdom on earth (Micah 4:1).

1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

For Israel, to keep in the love of God, is to keep his commandments, to enter the kingdom on earth (John 14:21, John 15:9-10).

Jude exhorts Israel to acknowledge that the Lord is able to keep them from falling, and be presented fautless before his presence at his coming (Matthew 16:27 Matthew 25:31).

The mercy of Christ would be realized at his coming, and his kingdom on earth.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jude is best viewed as being written not unto the church, the body of Christ, but unto the believing remnant of Israel. A few verses to consider:

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Peter, in speaking to Israel (1 Peter 1:1), also reminded Israel to remember what was spoken of, by the twelve apostles in 2 Peter 3:2.

1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Peter told Israel that there would be mockers in the last time in 2 Peter 3:3-4 (1 John 2:18). The last time, or last days, was the time in which Israel would be restored in the kingdom on earth (Micah 4:1).

1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jude exhorts Israel to acknowledge that the Lord is able to keep them from falling, and be presented fautless before his presence at his coming (Matthew 16:27 Matthew 25:31).

And your point is?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That we need to rightly divide the word of truth.

Lack of right division is one of the things that creates the most confusion among believers today.

Yes, In the NT Romans through Philemon is for the Church and rest is for the Jews

Right Divider

Body part
Please elaborate.

The body of Christ can learn much from the whole Bible, as can the nation of Israel. So using the term "for" is not completely clear.
But mixing doctrines for God dispensations is where great confusion occurs. A great example is water baptism, which has NO place in the body of Christ. But many will try to blend various scriptures together to say that it is.

When Paul says that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ, he is clearly saying that it's NOT water.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The body of Christ can learn much from the whole Bible, as can the nation of Israel. So using the term "for" is not completely clear.
But mixing doctrines for God dispensations is where great confusion occurs. A great example is water baptism, which has NO place in the body of Christ. But many will try to blend various scriptures together to say that it is.

When Paul says that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ, he is clearly saying that it's NOT water.

Agreed!

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
All the Jews of Jerusalem will be slaughtered when Jesus returns because they are false Jew-Canaanites-practically Muslims.
Here is how Zephaniah prophecied their doom:
Zephanias 1:2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord.
3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.
4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests;
5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the Lord, and that swear by Malcham;

God's Truth

For Israel, to keep in the love of God, is to keep his commandments, to enter the kingdom on earth (John 14:21, John 15:9-10).

There is NO ONE saved if they are not in the body of Christ.

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51. This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Jesus taught HOW TO GET IN HIM, his body, and he taught that to the Jews who believed.

When Jesus comes again, it is TOO LATE for anyone to get saved.

He comes as a thief in the night, not to bear sin.

No one can be saved unless he bears his sin for you. That is after you repent to him and have faith that his blood washes away your sins.