Judaism, Christianity, Names, Titles, Religions, Faiths?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am a Jew, of Israel. I used to be a Christian.

I am a proselyte and a convert to Judaism and Israel.

I am thinking about the terms Judaism and Christianity. Maybe even Jew, Christian? Are these religions, faiths? Neither? In the Bible, Jew, Christian, and Judaism are mentioned, but not Christianity. How do we use these terms and how should they be understood when we read the Bible? We seem to have our own understanding of these terms. If Judaism or Christianity are considered names or titles of religions or faiths.

What do you think?

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
I am a Jew, of Israel. I used to be a Christian.

I am a proselyte and a convert to Judaism and Israel.

I am thinking about the terms Judaism and Christianity. Maybe even Jew, Christian? Are these religions, faiths? Neither? In the Bible, Jew, Christian, and Judaism are mentioned, but not Christianity. How do we use these terms and how should they be understood when we read the Bible? We seem to have our own understanding of these terms. If Judaism or Christianity are considered names or titles of religions or faiths.

What do you think?

Shalom.

Jacob

I think that you need to scrap your obsolete Jewish religion and accept Christ as your savior.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Messiah came and done away with the old testament. Until you believe that you will always fall short of being a believer.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Matt 12:18
18 "Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen, my Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Messiah came and done away with the old testament. Until you believe that you will always fall short of being a believer.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Matt 12:18
18 "Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen, my Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
(NKJ)

You are incorrect in what you have said here.

Shalom.

Jacob