John 20:28 Commentary

CherubRam

John 20:28. NIV

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 20:28 can also be translated as: "My lord and my god."

Chapter twenty of John is doubtful, because according to that chapter, God resurrected Christ without healing him.

John 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side.

Another problem is John 20:23, If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

According to the Old Testament only Yahwah can forgive a person their sins to enter heaven.

genuineoriginal

Chapter twenty of John is doubtful, because according to that chapter, God resurrected Christ without healing him.

John 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side.
Why do you think that is impossible for God to do?

Another problem is John 20:23, If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

According to the Old Testament only Yahwah can forgive a person their sins to enter heaven.
Could you provide some verses that shows that the Old Testament states that ONLY Yehovah can forgive sins?
I can't remember ever seeing this mentioned in the Old Testament.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Binding and loosing are given to the church for matters of discipline such that the church declares the one under discipline to be sifted by the devil until repentant. Those that remain impenitent are, in effect, considered to have went out from us for they were not of us. Such is the power of the "keys" so given to the church, contra the Romanist's notions.

AMR

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Binding and loosing are given to the church for matters of discipline such that the church declares the one under discipline to be sifted by the devil until repentant. Those that remain impenitent are, in effect, considered to have went out from us for they were not of us. Such is the power of the "keys" so given to the church, contra the Romanist's notions.

AMR

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter -

And I will give unto thee the keys -

looks to me like Jesus is giving it to peter

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
1. Parable of Satan and God are enemies = Zechariah 3:1
2. Parable of Satan and God as friends = Numbers 22:32

1. God has to immediately Kill Nabal (for turncoating grace)
for lifting up the Law. (1 Samuel 25:9-13)
2. God has to immediately Kill Stephen (for turncoating the law) for lifting up Grace. (Acts 11:19-22)

1. God is the target = Nibiru/Star Wormwood
2. Jesus is the target = Antipas

(Old Testament did not have a Jesus, the New Testament has a Jesus)

John 20:28 and Isiah 43:25, talks about how Jesus turns a blind eye to sin, and does not view it that small portion of sin as grounds to separate that sinner from the gospel's message. (Jesus is judging for "Joseph the Blessing" that is completed with the 5 months of Star Wormwood). Let me tell a story:

1.5 Months of Genesis (Star Wormwood)
2. 500 Years of Joseph (430 of Egypt that began with Joseph, then Jesus Life Span, finally Antichrist Lifespan) (Star Wormwood)
3. 5 Months of Revelation (Star Wormwood)

God brought Joseph into the picture originally in order to declare that he had chosen the Antichrist, the Express Image of Jesus. This was completed when God gave Moses the "Rod of Joseph/Antichrist". Then Jesus does not add to the equation until, he is resurrected in the New Testament declaring the end of the heavenly salvation program (Zachariah/Zechariah was told to be silent). Finally Jesus Christ brings the Antichrist on to the scene to Confirm the Covenant for the New Universe and then Everything is Finished.

(the Antichrist claims thousands are deceased when force is used against him in his nightly walks designed to remedy a public threat, following revelation 11, we should have ample evidence if we use our video cameras, and reveal this to the public and authorities if that is what you choose to do, facing the next level, back in 2014 the Picnic incident involving vehicular homicide of Church Members, almost came close to exposing the truth and elevating the situation into the next level)

CherubRam

AMR
That is partly correct. Yes, the congregation does have some authority.

CherubRam

1. Parable of Satan and God are enemies = Zechariah 3:1
2. Parable of Satan and God as friends = Numbers 22:32

1. God has to immediately Kill Nabal (for turncoating grace)
for lifting up the Law. (1 Samuel 25:9-13)
2. God has to immediately Kill Stephen (for turncoating the law) for lifting up Grace. (Acts 11:19-22)
You have been out here for a long time, haven't you?:)

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned

Why would God not heal him, that is the question?

God created mankind in his image, with the ability to abstain from sin. Its true that we are created in an environment of sin, but we also have a right to live, and a walk of faith that God does not attribute to sin based on the law. You know the saying, (Daniel 6:10), I pray three times a day, I keep the law, and I fast ... (Micah 3:1-2) I have a knowledge of sin, If I dirty my cloths I clean them, I don't bare false witness or Beat people for pleasure.

Old Testament = If you are guilty of exceeding the above paragraph, you are a heathen and you are cutoff spiritually. (see "Suicide by Antichrist": what Genetic Dan claims, the Antichrist does not have a walk of Faith, or a right to Live, but if they do so much as throw up leaves they fall down deceased ... we see them die weekly not monthly for this sin, we don't see their kind claiming murder or anything, at least for some time they don't want to be seen publicly as suicidal).

New Testament = "Moses commanded Divorce, but Jesus told the Jews not to put away their wives anymore", so what is the difference? God allows some increased measure of sin, and he calls this sin the husband "Joseph", therefore he refers to he Church as the wife in mitigating/reproving the Law of the Gospel for some measure of sin. Essentially that is the theme of the New Testament. Example: "I pray three times a day" and "I have a knowledge of Sin" becomes "I pray weekly" and "I have a resolution for Sin". Its a slight difference but still a difference. (see "Suicide by Antichrist": often when I go to sleep, my mother will scream whatever I said during the day, and jump in the hallway, in simulate an incest relationship, this is what people have my mother do, in addition to some implied behavior, they also have my brother which is a police officer try to solicit his children, so I so I just avoid my brothers. (other times they just observe my movements and make noises or slam doors, apart of a chemical (in food or drink) and electrical (bed mattress) treatment to modify my behavior), sometimes the public is also used. We are instructed to tolerate them, until God puts them away, believe when I say to let them continue, I have no hatred or evil for them, this is apart of an "Suicide by Antichrist" equation, which convicts the jews and gentiles. In the instance of Baring False Witness, and Beating on a Person's Body for Pleasure, that has not changed since the Old Testament, this is only evidence that God has cut these people off, Genetic Dan yes, certain individuals, etc.)

(Genetic Dan/completion, Geography (all nations outside the usa), God seems to ignore the rest at the 153 days of revelation. Your right to live and walk of faith, is invalidated in favor some edification from mother earth (holy spirit), you will understand more soon (involuntary predatory behavior causing end of life or turmoil)

Jesus Shows his Wounds, that is the reason why Thomas was not cut off for his Sin. This is very similar to Saul showing his wounds to his Armorbearer, as the reason why it is unclean for the heathen to corrupt his body in 1 Samuel 31:4. In the case of Saul, because he had seen a vision of Samuel, that was a picture of Jesus paying for his sin, that is why he behaved that way, however. Jesus does not officially come into the picture until the New Testament.

iamaberean

John 20:28. NIV

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 20:28 can also be translated as: "My LORD and my God."

Thomas was a Jew and as such he was confirming to Jesus that he understood exactly who he was, the one and only Lord God of Israel.

Hos 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isa 51:15 But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The LORD of hosts is his name.

Isa 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Last edited:

CherubRam

Thomas was a Jew and as such he was confirming to Jesus that he understood exactly who he was, the one and only Lord God of Israel.

Hos 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Isa 51:15 But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The LORD of hosts is his name.

Isa 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

You do not seem to be aware of the fact that God's personal name has been removed from scriptures.

iamaberean

You do not seem to be aware of the fact that God's personal name has been removed from scriptures.

Thomas was the same as other Jews. They would not speak or write the name 'Jehovah' instead they replaced the name with 'LORD'. It would be expected that he would call Jesus 'My LORD God'.

CherubRam

Thomas was the same as other Jews. They would not speak or write the name 'Jehovah' instead they replaced the name with 'LORD'. It would be expected that he would call Jesus 'My LORD God'.
Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world." According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. .................. "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns."

Technically, Jesus did cause a controversy by denouncing God at the Cross. (Judges 12:5-6, Luke 1:5-7, Matthew 27:46-47, Mark 15:34-35) (42 Days of Tribulation revealing the Temple Stones of Joseph in Revelation). Jesus did not say Elias, but the people claimed that he said Elias. In other words, the Writing from Daniel (Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin (Nehemiah 12:35 - 36, but remember God told Zachariah to be Silent cutting off heaven, beginning the New Testament, Luke 1:20 ), casted out the evil spirit of Joseph/Babylon. Now God claims that is calling forth the evil spirit of Joseph/Babylon and removing God to some degree (E. E. Lama Sabathani). Jesus reveals that he is the wife of Joseph, because God begins acting through Joseph the Blessing.

1. YHWH = not found in the bible, claimed replaced with "Lord" (Yeshuashueiss or "Yesternight" (Gen. 19:34, appearing to blot out the lords name/Darkening of Heaven)
2. INRI = not found inthe bible, claimed written on the Cross (Incest or Ishbosheth (2 Samuel 2:10, taking the place of David for 42 Days/Temple Stones tied to Star Wormwood)

Jesus told the Hebrews not to put away your Wives, to add a little bit of leaven to the Gospel's Message. So they removed the Lord's Name and replaced it with "Lord", so the New Testament Books would contribute to the context of the Gospel, uniting the Old and New Testaments.

REVELATION 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

1. God gave "Joseph" a Legal right to Reign in Egypt for 430 Years, ending with the Events of the Exodus. (Exodus 12:40-42)
2. God killed "Genetic Dan" as the satisfaction of appointing the "Rod of Joseph/Antichrist" to complete the events of the Exodus. (Deu. 23:17-18)

Joshua 24:32 says "Shechen and Egypt" instead of "Sodom and Egypt" of Rev. 11:8 (To Deliver to Joseph and to kill "Genetic Dan". God intends to deliver to Joseph once again in Revelation, so the pattern is being repeated on a global scale, its not just limited to a single geographic area. Joseph was accounted with the Hebrews in Exodus, however, in Revelation, Joseph is accounted with the Tribes, so the scope of the judgment is 100%. (Antipas=Suicide by Antichrist=Antiparticle=Events tied to Star Wormwood ... ... ... ... as the relationship of Joseph increases, becoming less isolated to the Antichrist, Genetic Dan will simply kill in mass, what you are observing with the Antichrist, you should not take any pride in at all, God will take away "Suicide by Antichrist" soon, removing your ability to maim or kill like their kind does routinely now).

Last edited: