Job offered offered burnt offerings for the sins of his sons

beameup

circa 2000 B.C.
And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. - Job 1:4-5

Last edited:

beameup

Job's friends offered up a burnt offering sacrifices for their sins:
And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job. - Job 42:7-8

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job. - Job 42:7-8

I think it's kinda Kool that Elihu didn't get included in that deal.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

But hey the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.

And what was Job's true show of righteousness?

I think it was when he said, "now I see and repent." :)

daqq

Lol, your pal Jerry and I have recently been discussing this topic in depth.

"Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves an ascending offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you:
for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

"And another messenger came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the holy ones upon the golden altar which was before the throne: and the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the holy ones, ascended up before Elohim out of the hand of the messenger."

The ascending offerings of Job, (that is to say, the prayers of Job), had been purified because the Satan was no more to be found in them when the sons of Elohim came to present themselves before the Most High, (in prayer).