Jesus' word

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What is Jesus' word? Jesus' word is good. You can trust it.

I said
Its the new testament.

[Heb 9:15-18
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.

[Jhn 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own [authority]; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Yes.
Today is Chamishi Ziv 18 Laylah Omer 33

There are things that Jesus said that are not recorded in scripture.

I don't know what they are.

But not all scripture is the word of Jesus or the words of Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Today is Chamishi Ziv 18 Laylah Omer 33

There are things that Jesus said that are not recorded in scripture.

I don't know what they are.

But not all scripture is the word of Jesus or the words of Jesus.

I said
We are only required to believe what is recorded. God told Jesus and Jesus told us. When it comes to the knowledge of God we are NOT to think beyond what is written. And not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
We are only required to believe what is recorded. God told Jesus and Jesus told us. When it comes to the knowledge of God we are NOT to think beyond what is written. And not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.
It is good if you are able to share scripture with someone or read scripture to them. I believe that a person can truly know of and about Jesus without scripture. I am not talking about other texts.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is good if you are able to share scripture with someone or read scripture to them. I believe that a person can truly know of and about Jesus without scripture. I am not talking about other texts.

I said
That all sounds good but. The Holy Spirit cant teach anyone anything without quoting scripture.

[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

He is not allowed to speak any other way.

[Jhn 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.