Jesus was loved by the 'sinners' and hated by the religious people.

jzeidler

Jesus was loved by the 'sinners' and hated by the religious people. Today Christians are loved by the religious people and hated by the sinners. Why is it that today's Christians praise and model themselves after the type of people who crucified Jesus?

Bradley D

Religious people do not like being told they are sinners. Many point out the sins of others, but do not look within themselves. "Few are saved" (Luke 13:23).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was loved by the 'sinners'...

That would be implying that Jesus didn't believe in the rule of law and that murderers, rapists and robbers (i.e. sinners) shouldn't be punished by the civil authorities for those crimes.

What on earth makes you think that everyone He told to "go and sin no more" loved Him?

Ben Masada

Jesus was loved by the 'sinners' and hated by the religious people. Today Christians are loved by the religious people and hated by the sinners. Why is it that today's Christians praise and model themselves after the type of people who crucified Jesus?

This is an untrue statement. There was nothing more important to the religious people than the Law and the Prophets. How could they hate Jesus who came to fulfill and to confirm the whole Law and the Prophets down to the letter? Jesus had nothing to be hated for but to be loved.

jzeidler

Jesus was loved by the 'sinners' and hated by the religious people.

This is an untrue statement. There was nothing more important to the religious people than the Law and the Prophets. How could they hate Jesus who came to fulfill and to confirm the whole Law and the Prophets down to the letter? Jesus had nothing to be hated for but to be loved.

Then they shouldn't have killed him. But they did so obviously there was some tension there.

Jamie Gigliotti

It's so hard for people to acknowledge their sin, they buy the lie that the easier road is puffing themselves up in religous self righteousness, than acknowledging their weaknesses and need for Jesus. A person is blessed when they recognize their flaws and weaknesses. That is part of the truth that is freeing.

quip

BANNED
Banned

So, the current christian establishment is full of self-love ....all the while being hated by the "sinning" religious outsider!

Was not Jesus THE outsider of his day? :think:

...you may be on to something.

Jamie Gigliotti

It's like the alcholic... One can not recover until one can acknowledge their desperate situation and sin problems; and need for Him; His Spirit, power, love and mercy to get on the road to recovery.

Ben Masada

It's so hard for people to acknowledge their sin, they buy the lie that the easier road is puffing themselves up in religous self righteousness, than acknowledging their weaknesses and need for Jesus. A person is blessed when they recognize their flaws and weaknesses. That is part of the truth that is freeing.

There is absolutely no need to puffing oneself up with religious self righteousness. All we need to do is to obey the Law; as Jesus himself said, all we need to do is to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. In fact, nothing else is needed; I guarantee you, nothing beyond the obedience of the laws, all the three kinds of laws: The Law of Yahweh, the law of the land and the law of cause & effect. I guarantee you and you can verify what I am saying. If you get in any kind of trouble, it is because you have committed a transgression against any of the laws I have just mentioned above. I just don't guaranteed any thing in reference to children below 13 years old for boys and 12 years old for girls. That's the age for self responsibility.

Ben Masada

Then they shouldn't have killed him. But they did so obviously there was some tension there.

No, they did not. As I have told you before, there was nothing in Jesus to be hated for but only to be loved for. The false accusation that the Jews crucified Jesus was only a Church strategy to justify the Romans from the crucifixion charge and transfer the slander to the Jews because it was at the time the Church was being considered as a preferred candidate for the official religion of the Roman Empire at the time of Emperor Constantine and the blame that the Romans had murdered the god of the Church was perniciously getting on the way of the judges. So, they slandered the Jews and Christianity was free to climb to that so desirable position as the official religion of Rome.

Ben Masada

There is absolutely no difference in acknowledging one's flaws and weaknesses if we don't work on that Acknowledgment. That's the same as the claim that justification is my faith only without the works of the Law. James said that's akin to a body without the breath of life. Dead if we want to know what he meant. (James 2:26)

Ben Masada

Religious people do not like being told they are sinners. Many point out the sins of others, but do not look within themselves. "Few are saved" (Luke 13:23).

Jesus himself said that the only way to achieve salvation is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If that's not what he taught, mind to explain to us your way to understand that text of Luke?

jzeidler

No, they did not. As I have told you before, there was nothing in Jesus to be hated for but only to be loved for. The false accusation that the Jews crucified Jesus was only a Church strategy to justify the Romans from the crucifixion charge and transfer the slander to the Jews because it was at the time the Church was being considered as a preferred candidate for the official religion of the Roman Empire at the time of Emperor Constantine and the blame that the Romans had murdered the god of the Church was perniciously getting on the way of the judges. So, they slandered the Jews and Christianity was free to climb to that so desirable position as the official religion of Rome.

History disagrees with you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Christ was hated by the religious leaders of the people. The people [who were ALL religious] flocked to Him.

Sinners still get saved through the church today

Jamie Gigliotti

There is absolutely no need to puffing oneself up with religious self righteousness. All we need to do is to obey the Law; as Jesus himself said, all we need to do is to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. In fact, nothing else is needed; I guarantee you, nothing beyond the obedience of the laws, all the three kinds of laws: The Law of Yahweh, the law of the land and the law of cause & effect. I guarantee you and you can verify what I am saying. If you get in any kind of trouble, it is because you have committed a transgression against any of the laws I have just mentioned above. I just don't guaranteed any thing in reference to children below 13 years old for boys and 12 years old for girls. That's the age for self responsibility.

You have demonstrated perfectly the difference a huge between Judaism and Christianity. With Judiasm it's very much about following the law in one's own ability, where Christianity is about relying on the power and love of God to fulfill the royal law of love. Love God and your neighbor.