Jesus is the Rock upon which Jesus founded His church.

ThreeAngels

Jesus asked His disciples “But whom say ye that I am?” Peter answered, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” In reply Jesus said to Peter, “Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father which is in heaven.” Peter had expressed the faith of the twelve disciples. The truth which Peter had confessed is the foundation of the believer’s faith.
Moses had said of Jesus, "He is the Rock," Deut 32:4 and the apostle Paul testified, “Other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” 1 For 3:11. “Upon this rock,” said Jesus, “I will build My church.” Right there Christ founded His church upon the living Rock. That Rock is Himself,—His own body, for us broken and bruised. Against the church built upon this foundation, the gates of hell shall not prevail.
"The word Peter signifies a stone,—a rolling stone. Peter was not the rock upon which the church was founded. The gates of hell did prevail against him when he denied his Lord with cursing and swearing. The church was built upon One against whom the gates of hell could not prevail," Desire of Ages by Ellen White.