Jesus is my God, but is not God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is my God, but is not God.

God has a name which is commonly understood to be Yahweh or similar.

By the Father , who is the creator God, has given His Son the name above every name, does not mean that His son has become the Father or the Creator, but that His son who is a man, has been given all of the attributes and authority of His Father, over the Fathers creation.

and that due to the Son doing His Fathers will even to the death of Himself on the cross.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
Heb 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Heb 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

beameup

Well, if you are going to be worshipping Jesus in the hereafter, doesn't that qualify him as God?
YHWH states that he is a "jealous God" and doesn't want men to worship any but him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Needs a lot better explanation than this. As it sits, it doesn't make sense, not even for an Arian or Unitarian. "You shall have no other Gods before me/other than me." Get that right and you'll be Trinitarian. Such is scripturally the only tenable position.

Has LA ever made sense??

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Needs a lot better explanation than this. As it sits, it doesn't make sense, not even for an Arian or Unitarian. "You shall have no other Gods before me/other than me." Get that right and you'll be Trinitarian. Such is scripturally the only tenable position.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Theos is not the name of the creator God.

G2316
θεός
theos
theh'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

Lon

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Theos is not the name of the creator God.

G2316
θεός
theos
theh'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

There you go, you virtually argue the Trinitarian view unwittingly. I think a good many of you Arians/Unitarians would be triune if you understood the whole better.