Jesus Didnt Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Didnt Believe

Jesus didnt believe in the old testament.

[Jhn 10:1, 8
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
Jesus didnt believe in self defense.
[Mat 5:39
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
[Luk 6:29
29 "To him who strikes you on the [one] cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold [your] tunic either.

Jesus didnt believe in going to court.

[Mat 5:25
25 "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.

Jesus didnt believe in government

[Jhn 6:14-15
14 Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, "This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world."
15 Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.
Jesus didnt believe in fighting to live.
[Mar 8:35
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
[Heb 12:2
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of [our] faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus didnt believe in mans justice, or old testament justice.

[Mat 12:18-20
18 "Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench, Till He sends forth justice to victory;
[Mat 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 5:17 New International Version (NIV)
The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:17 New International Version (NIV)
The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

I said
Jesus did fulfill the law. Once He fulfilled the law He had the opportunity to give us back the same law or Change it. He chose to change it. New law, new testament, new covenant.

[Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.

[Heb 7:12, 18-19
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, [there is the] bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

[Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.