Jesus and the New Covenant. Jews. Gentiles. The death of Jesus for the sins of all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Jesus brought a New Covenant. What does this mean for us?

I am a Jew, so I observe Torah. I am a proselyte and a convert. The question is for the world. I used to be a Gentile. The New Covenant, the covenant that God promised through the prophet Jeremiah, the very same covenant that Jesus brought, is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

The New Covenant is not like the Old. The people broke the Old Covenant, the Covenant that God made with the People of Israel at Mount Sinai. The New Covenant is God's law written on minds and hearts. It is in the blood of Jesus, Jesus who after introducing the New Covenant then died for us.

Did Jesus die for Jews only or did Jesus die for the whole world? Also, is the New Covenant for Jews only or for Gentiles as well?

See Jeremiah 31:31.

I understand the New Covenant to be for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. I understand that Jesus died for Jews and for the whole world. So it is particular to Jews, but that He died for the sins of the whole world, that all would be forgiven of their sins and granted the free gift of eternal life. So, do you need to be a Jew to be a part of the New Covenant, knowing that those who turn to God from among the Gentiles have no greater burden than the essentials found in Acts 15?

Shalom.

Jacob