Jesus: “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven" - Luke 10:18

beameup

And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven,” - Luke 10:18 ESV

How you have fallen from heaven,
O Shining One, Son of the Dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth,
You who have weakened the nations!
But you said in your heart,
‘I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God,
And I will sit on the mount of assembly
In the recesses of the north.
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’
Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol,
To the recesses of the pit.
- Isaiah 14:12-15 NASB

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven,” - Luke 10:18 ESV

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth) 12-27, evening and morning, night and day. It is evening, night. I am writing from Tacoma, Washington. The sun has set.

I do not know that you have a correct understanding here.... If you are meaning to post these without comment I do not know what to think. I do not relate the two.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

I do not know that you have a correct understanding here.... If you are meaning to post these without comment I do not know what to think. I do not relate the two.
Jacob

Very few Jews believe in a literal Satan-Devil-Lucifer, so I'm not surprised.
The Pharasees were very successful in stamping out any references to the evil supernatural world along with any knowledge of a Suffering Messiah.

beameup

The Great Tribulation begins:
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- Revelation 12:7-9

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Very few Jews believe in a literal Satan-Devil-Lucifer, so I'm not surprised.
The Pharasees were very successful in stamping out any references to the evil supernatural world along with any knowledge of a Suffering Messiah.

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth), 12-27. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

I believe that Satan exists. The devil exists. I do not call him Lucifer. You need to read where you are quoting from again.

Yeshua did suffer. And, He is the Messiah. I'm not sure I know what you are talking about.

Shalom.

יגקב

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Great Tribulation begins:
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- Revelation 12:7-9
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth), 12-27. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

I do not know why you say this is The Great Tribulation. People try to define or say what The Great Tribulation is.

Shalom.

יגקב

beameup

Shalom.

I do not call him Lucifer. You need to read where you are quoting from again.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer [הֵילֵל hêylêl] , son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! KJV

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer [הֵילֵל hêylêl] , son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! KJV

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) 12-28. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

Please read from the beginning of the chapter and see who is being addressed. This is not about satan the devil.

Shalom.

יגקב
Jacob

beameup

Shalom.
Please read from the beginning of the chapter and see who is being addressed. This is not about satan the devil.Jacob

That is because you are taking the Pharisaical Rabbinical position on scripture.
These like-minded Pharisees rejected Jesus' message and had him crucified because
they did not understand prophetic scripture. As such, there is little of the Tanakh that you will understand.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is because you are taking the Pharisaical Rabbinical position on scripture.
These like-minded Pharisees rejected Jesus' message and had him crucified because
they did not understand prophetic scripture. As such, there is little of the Tanakh that you will understand.

I have no idea where you came up with this from.

2003cobra

Look at the context of Luke 10 to see what Jesus was saying: the 70 returned from the missionary journey with great success. They were successful in challenging and defeating the kingdom of darkness in many places and with many people.

This is not a literal statement of an actual observation of Lucifer falling that Jesus made.

beameup

I have no idea where you came up with this from.
That's because about 1/3 of the Tanakh is Prophecy. You follow rabbinical Judaism.
Rejection of even the concept of Prophecy was a result of the Jews that rejected Messiah.
Take for example Isaiah 7:14:
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;
Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son,
and shall call his name Immanuel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's because about 1/3 of the Tanakh is Prophecy. You follow rabbinical Judaism.
Rejection of even the concept of Prophecy was a result of the Jews that rejected Messiah.
Take for example Isaiah 7:14:
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;
Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son,
and shall call his name Immanuel.

Shalom.

Today is Shishi (Sixth) 12-29. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day. This is the last day of the twelfth month. It is also the last day of the year.

I do not know what you are saying or why you are saying it.

Shalom.

Jacob

Marbleyes

I respectfully disagree and i believe that The Bible shows the truth.

I know that in Isaiah 14:12-15 - it is speaking of the king of Babylon

Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

The Tower of Babel is believed to be related to Nabopolassar the king of Babylon.

The Tower of Babel and the Kings Of Babylon represents the pride of mankind wanting to reach the heavens and be their own gods. Because of their pride, which is a sin, the same sin that caused SATAN to rebel, God divided them by making them speak different languages.

The Kings Of Babylon were known for their wickedness and exaltation of themselves over God. It is not uncommon in Scripture for the writer to move from descriptions of earthly events to heavenly events - when there were some parallels between the two. For example, Psalm 45 first describes an earthly king, but then goes on to describe the Messiah - the King who will come from heaven.

Why would Yahoshua's Equating The Devil / Satan - to the King of Babylon cause You to think that LUCIFER / LIGHT has anything to do with SATANs literal name in The Bible ?

In Fact I find nothing about LUCIFER being Compared to SATANs NAME in The Bible WHERE is something that is used interchangeability exchanging or using LUCIFER's / LIGHT's or ALLAH's name as the NAME of Satan. ?

Lucifer is nothing but an Italian word and Allah / Halla is the Hebrew word for Light in Isa 14.

Allah and Lucifer are simply two ROOT words that mean LIGHT.

mix Allah and Lucifer together and You get words that mean light

Aluminum, Halo, Hologram, Halogen, Aladdin, HALLAL, Halley's Comet, Hallucination, Haloid, Haloscope, or Halometer, Halogenation, Halite, Haliograph, Heliography, Hallucinogenics, Hallucinating,... Hallucinator, Hallucinatory, Hallucinogen, Hallucinogenic, Hallucinoses, Hallucinosis, Halesia, Luculent, Lucis, Lucifugous, Lucerna lamp Luzerno, Luciform, Lucid, Leucine, Lucite, Lucent, Luscher, LUSCA, Lucien, Luminescence, Lucentis, Lucifer

Halo........A luminous circle, usually prismatically colored, round the sun or moon,

Hologram......Illuminating AN object with coherent light Halogen..... lamp...LIGHT

Aladdin......ONE WITH a magic lamp OR LIGHT OR FIRE
HALLAL......LUCIFER...SHINING OR BRIGHT OR GLORY
Halley's Comet......a FIERY OBJECT IN SPACE ...GLOWING AND SHINING
Hallucination.... visual~ illusion,- images.
Haloid.....Form of a halogen Haloscope or Halometer.... Instrument to read bright spots
of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo Halogenation....... Creation of

Halogen substance

Halesia - A tree with white bright flowers. Halite - naturally occurring crystalline shine
Haliograph - using mirrors and light for communications Heliography - photographic process in relation to exposure to light

Halothane....... A vapour fluorine that is unstable in light
Haloing....... A circular band of colored light around a light source
Halon-......carbons used as fire-extinguishing agents.
Halation.....tricks of lighting. Hallucination.... visual~ illusion,-
images.

Lucent.......Giving off light Luscher.....light-absorbing testing
LUSCA....... Italian.Baby name.... Meaning: Bringer Of Light. /
Lucifer Lucifer...... an Italian word meaning Light
Lucien.........Italian.Baby name. Lucent....... .Giving off light;
luminous Luminescence The emission of light Lucentis....... Loss of light.
Luculent - bright; shining Lucis - light Lucifugous - light- shunning or avoiding

Lucerna lamp) oil lamps Luzerno - glowworm (the plant was so called in allusion to its bright seeds);

Luciform- Having, in some respects, the nature of light; resembling light
Lucid- suffused with light

Leucine- a white crystalline essential amino acid Lucite - rings -a synthetic organic effected by light
Allah and Lucifer are the same IN HISTORICAL meaning and definition..

Jesus and Isaiah were simply saying that Satan and The king Of Babylon fell from each their glory as lighting falls from The Heavens - only to lose power once grounded by the earth. Where is LUCIFER or ALLAH mentioned as being Satan's literal { TITLE } or - name in the Bible. These are only words that mean light.

God used the Kings Of Tyre and Babylon, to illustrate the original fall of the angel who became the Devil. Their desire to be worshipped is similar to his own desire. Consequently, the fall of this angel from his lofty position and fell to earth

advenureside

I truly believe that the Bible shows that there are no FALLEN ANGELS in the Old Testament. Please allow me to explain why, using the Bible.

I believe that the Statement made by Jesus where he said he beheld Satan Falling Like Lightening From heaven - this was a prophecy of a future event. OR a past event where Satan had entered the earth. BUT - I do not believe Satan and his Angels have fallen from heaven in the Bible - or yet have been thrown out of heaven - I mean, not yet..

the Bible clearly shows that the spiritual forces of evil even today and at the time when the New testament was written - they were and are today - located / dwelling / located and residing here on earth and their POWERS also are active today - in The Celestials / heavenlies.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις

This Greek word in The Celestials / heavenlies = is the Greek word = επουρανιοις.

The spiritual wickedness are even today - in - The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις

Also located, where the Angels - who are themselves “ Spirits “ are also located - today the principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, the powers of spiritual wickedness and the POWERS OF GOOD are CURRENTLY / NOW in - The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις

What does this mean - spiritual wickedness in The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις ? When the New Testament was written, the authors believed that Satan and his Angels were not kicked out of heaven but were on earth and also held power in the Celestials / heavenlies

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him in his own right in the The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις in Christ Jesus:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις in Christ:

Don’t you agree - that the powers of spiritual wickedness in The Celestials / heavenlies = επουρανιοις …- this is also where The Anointing and Spirit Of God and the Powers of his Angels also are located. Does this seem very clear in God’s word. ?

From the very beginning we see in - Rev 1: Verse - 1

That the Book Of Revelation is - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, TO SHEW unto his servants THINGS WHICH MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Verse - :3 Blessed he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:

FOR THIS TIME AT HAND.

From the very beginning, in Revelation, we see clearly that the entire Book is dedicated to - SHEWING unto his servants
THE THINGS WHICH MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS; = the future.

In fact, my friends, there is not a single event or happening revealed in Revelation that mentions, brings up or reveals a single event from the past.

Every single last event in the Book is solely and entirely { only } about the Present and the Future only.
Also, very important - we notice the Greek word : πλανων - meaning deceived “

Rev 20:10 And the devil that “ deceived = πλανων “ them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Again this same Greek word is used in

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceived = πλανων “ the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

This is what is very, very important, notice what The Holy Spirit is saying here - it is saying that “ Satan, which had deceived the whole / entire world - was cast out into the earth, and his ANGELS were cast out with him.

From the very beginning, in Revelation, we see clearly that the entire Book is dedicated to - SHEWING unto his servants
THE THINGS WHICH MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS; = the future.

Nothing from the past is revealed, transpiring or ongoing in the Book Of Revelation.

What The Holy Spirit is saying here, in the original manuscripts - it is saying that “ SATAN, WHICH HAD DECEIVED THE WHOLE / ENTIRE WORLD - WAS CAST OUT INTO THE EARTH, AND HIS ANGELS WERE CAST OUT WITH HIM.
We are not talking about Satan or a Cherub falling out of the heavens or being CAST OUT of heaven because he rebelled against God by misguiding and tricking two confused sinners named Adam and Eve in a little tiny miniature secluded garden. Nor are we find anywhere in the manuscripts that angels were cast out for lusting after women and having relations with them.

Satan and his Angels are CAST OUT _ ONLY _ AFTER THEY HAD - deceived the whole entire world. The manuscripts are very clear.

The passages in Revelation are very chronological, very event- ly laid out step by step, event by event, exactly as God will do.

Chapter - 1. ” Jesus commands John to Write a book and sent the book to the churches.

Saying - Write in a book what you have seen, WHAT IS NOW and what WILL TAKE PLACE LATER” - not the past events and past timeline of his creation.

Rev 4:1 - in the manuscripts - continues to clarify and distinguish that this has absolutely nothing to do with the past. Saying Come up hither, and I WILL SHEW THEE THINGS WHICH MUST BE HEREAFTER.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

If we read the book from the beginning, relying upon the original manuscripts the Bible bears these facts out clearly. - Satan and His Angels are thrown out of heaven / FALLEN - only after they HAD succeeded in DECEIVING THE WHOLE / ENTIRE WORLD - then - WAS CAST OUT INTO THE EARTH, AND HIS ANGELS WERE CAST OUT WITH HIM.

Please respond to my post in love and kindness and help me to understand what it is that you would like me to see in your translation. Please pray for me and I will do the same for you.

In love, respect and honesty.