Israel: I will give thee for a light to the Gentiles

beameup

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; - Isaiah 42:6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. - Isaiah 49:6

Last edited:

beameup

And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to show in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth. - Exodus 9:16

Elia

And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to show in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth. - Exodus 9:16

Bs"d

You are not declaring God's name throughout the earth, you are replacing it with "the LORD":

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; - Isaiah 42:6

That's why I have to be the light unto the Gentiles:

"I Y-H-W-H have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;"
Isaiah 42:6

beameup

Bs"d

That's why I have to be the light unto the Gentiles:

"I Y-H-W-H have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;"
Isaiah 42:6

Yes, Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey in the original paleo-Hebrew:
handnail.png

beameup

Israel will become a "light unto the Gentiles" when Yeshua Messiah returns and sets up His Kingdom in Israel.

beloved57

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. - Isaiah 49:6

That is about Christ! Lk 2:27-32

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.