Is it possible to go to Heaven without adhering to Jesus?

republicanchick

Some believe that if you are a good person, yet do not ever accept Jesus, you cn get to Heaven.

definitely would NOT count on that... nope

In fact, we Christians know that there is ONE way to Heaven and that is Jesus.

If someone looks like he hasn't accepted JEsus... well, God knows... and if he makes it to Heaven, it IS (despite what things may look like) because of Jesus just the same...

We can't judge b/c only God (Jesus) knows a person. At the last minute of life, the person could accept Him and be forgiven all his sins... and we on the outside may never know about it..

(but we should never wait until the End to repent... The End may come suddenly/unexpectedly)

++

__

republicanchick

a person who follows his conscience and has a connection with God, forsakes his wrong doing and attempts to do better

can make it into Heaven without ever having heard of Jesus on Earth..

but i believe he will meet Jesus after death and be given the choice then...

b/c no goes to the FAther except through Jesus

+++

republicanchick

no one comes to the Father except through Jesus

and no one comes to JEsus except through the Church (He founded... Sacraments, Holy Mass)

++

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The church that Jesus started is hidden. The catholic church is just another denomination.

Rev 12:1-17
1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.
3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.
5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.
6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

gcthomas

The title of the thread made me chuckle. I had images of Jesus ascending to heaven all the while trying to peel off disciples who had glued themselves to him, weighing him down, while everyone else adhered themselves only to his teachings. :}

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The title of the thread made me chuckle. I had images of Jesus ascending to heaven all the while trying to peel off disciples who had glued themselves to him, weighing him down, while everyone else adhered themselves only to his teachings. :}

I said
ROFLOL Now that is funny.

HisServant

Well.. the church he started certainly inst in Rome.. and never has been.

Jesus nor the apostles ever taught sacraments either.. that was a Roman invention to make the masses conform.

republicanchick

Well.. the church he started certainly inst in Rome.. and never has been.

Jesus nor the apostles ever taught sacraments either.. that was a Roman invention to make the masses conform.

that's what you have been taught. Too bad you won't let fo of that even in the face of the truth and the known facts...

__

HisServant

that's what you have been taught. Too bad you won't let fo of that even in the face of the truth and the known facts...

__

Taught?... no... its a matter of doing research and reading all the early church father writings.

No one taught me anything, I've done the research myself.

The rest is just plain common sense... the Apostles HATED Rome.. Rome was their mortal enemy and because if its occupation of Israel, Rome is forever cursed.

Why would God base his church in a city that he cursed forever?

republicanchick

Taught?... no... its a matter of doing research and reading all the early church father writings.

No one taught me anything, I've done the research myself.

The rest is just plain common sense... the Apostles HATED Rome.. Rome was their mortal enemy and because if its occupation of Israel, Rome is forever cursed.

Why would God base his church in a city that he cursed forever?

i don't know

Y did God create cockroaches?

snakes?

too hot or too cold weather?

tornados?

mosquitos

+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
no one comes to the Father except through Jesus

and no one comes to JEsus except through the Church (He founded... Sacraments, Holy Mass)

++

No one comes to Jesus except by belief in who He says He is. "He who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." The Church has nothing to do with it.