Is it an abomination, to replace Christ as the head of the Church, with another man?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it an abomination, to replace Christ as the head of the Church, with another man?

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

LA

Prizebeatz1

Perhaps the real abomination is the personality displacing the true identity, the Christ, the soul. The battle is within my friend.

Prizebeatz1

Yes but people form idols according to their inner liking.

I feel like that is what happened with the traditional interpretation of Jesus Christ. Instead of honoring the reality of what is infinite and eternal people have formed an image of God in man's likeness.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Prizebeatz1

Philippians 2:6-7 KJV -

How can what is infinite and eternal take the form of a man? It would cease to be infinite and eternal. The story of Jesus cannot be literal. It is symbolic of the soul which is also infinite and eternal. What is more infinite and eternal than all that outer space we see when we look into the night sky? THAT is reality. THAT is what is infinite and eternal. THAT is what this figure of Jesus Christ symbolizes. We are one with this.

Mark M

How can what is infinite and eternal take the form of a man? It would cease to be infinite and eternal. The story of Jesus cannot be literal. It is symbolic of the soul which is also infinite and eternal. What is more infinite and eternal than all that outer space we see when we look into the night sky? THAT is reality. THAT is what is infinite and eternal. THAT is what this figure of Jesus Christ symbolizes. We are one with this.

That's insane and not in keeping with the Bible