Intimate with God? What does it bring with it?

Cross Reference

And what does it matter if there is no desire for the Christian to be so?

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV)

Perhaps another question might be: What is the reason for His wanting to be intimate with man?

Cross Reference

How can you start off a prayer with "Our Father.." and not be intimate?

Absolutely! And it always seriously disturbs me when one, in leadership, doesn't.

Now when asked, what is discipleship by God purposed to be about; how should we reply? Who can only qualify to lead? Is this not what "equipping " in the church to all about that the result be what as intended by God . . .and for Himself per John 17:3?

Ben Masada

Intimate with God; what does it bring with it?

The gracious feeling that HaShem, the Creator of the universe notices us. What could one expect more than that? Perhaps you have your eyes fixed on a treat to be happy! You might want to change your mind because only dogs expect a treat to value their intimacy with their masters.

Cross Reference

Intimate with God; what does it bring with it?

The gracious feeling that HaShem, the Creator of the universe notices us. What could one expect more than that? Perhaps you have your eyes fixed on a treat to be happy! You might want to change your mind because only dogs expect a treat to value their intimacy with their masters.

Then you need to explain David, "a man after God's own heart" and Abraham who was called by God, His friend. Get busy, bunky. What's "bunky" in yiddish, schmagegy maybe??

DavidK

Intimacy brings transformation. Sanctification.

2 Corinthians 3:12-18

Beholding Him, we become like Him.

Cross Reference

Intimacy brings transformation. Sanctification.

2 Corinthians 3:12-18

Beholding Him, we become like Him.

Hello David! Wlcome aboard!

You must mean that the pursuit of intimacy carries with it a transformation being that is a process and not an immediate happening; a "learning of the Father" and His ways; an ongoing maturing that won't end until 'that day' when we see Him, we will be like Him . :)?

Ben Masada

Then you need to explain David, "a man after God's own heart" and Abraham who was called by God, His friend. Get busy, bunky. What's "bunky" in yiddish, schmagegy maybe??

I think you missed to close the door of the cage and the bird flew away. I meant nothing against David or the Patriarchs. What I meant is that we should not expect any kind of reward to enjoy intimacy with HaShem. As you can see, you had no need to hominem me.

Cross Reference

I think you missed to close the door of the cage and the bird flew away. I meant nothing against David or the Patriarchs. What I meant is that we should not expect any kind of reward to enjoy intimacy with HaShem.
What I mean is that you had no need to hominem me.
Well, why are you presuming upon me as to invite it?????

Bradley D

Absolutely! And it always seriously disturbs me when one, in leadership, doesn't.

Now when asked, what is discipleship by God purposed to be about; how should we reply? Who can only qualify to lead? Is this not what "equipping " in the church to all about that the result be what as intended by God . . .and for Himself per John 17:3?

Paul described the qualifications for leadership in 1 Timothy 3:1-13.

Cross Reference

Paul described the qualifications for leadership in 1 Timothy 3:1-13.

That is all prima-facie. I mean leadership that is intimate with God. Because unless one is, it is impossible to "own" His understanding before it can be taught, as being his. Think on that Bradley because it is "hand in glove" necessary with what we read in John 17, Jesus prayed for, otherwise it can be that,". . . . their fear [reverence] toward me is taught [and limited] by the precept [tradition] of men" Isaiah 29:13(KJV)

[Emphasis added]

DavidK

Hello David! Wlcome aboard!

You must mean that the pursuit of intimacy carries with it a transformation being that is a process and not an immediate happening; a "learning of the Father" and His ways; an ongoing maturing that won't end until 'that day' when we see Him, we will be like Him . :)?

Oh it is absolutely a process, yes. The work of the Spirit over the lifetime of the believer.