IDOLATERY: The worship of things, doctrines, religions

Robert Pate

Banned
To place anything in the same room with Jesus Christ and his Gospel is idolatery.

This is why its Christ alone, the Gospel alone, faith alone.

When religion is added to faith it is idolatery. Catholicism is probably the most idolatrous religion that there is. If you say anything against there idol they become highly offended. This is how you can tell if one has an idol. The idol worshipper will go to extreme measures to defend his idol.

Calvinism is about the same thing. Calvinist love their religion. All that they can talk about is Calvinism, which is their idol, they to are idol worshippers. If you say anything about John Calvin they are highly offended. This is a tip off that they are idol worshippers.

"Thou shalt have no other Gods before me" Exodus 19:20.

This is why Paul did not have a religion. This is why Paul said... "Christ is our life". There is no room in the Gospel for religion. Jesus Christ is our religion. We worship him and him alone. Not the pope or John Calvin.

dreadknought

Pate's hatred aside, Reformers love God's Word...... they fueled a change of thought..... lest there be no Robert Pates to lecture the faithful on things unknown w/o Pateism.

Robert Pate

Banned
What kind of idolatry causes someone to start hundreds of similar threads? Perhaps self-worship? "I know the truth, and you don't"?

Your right, I know the truth and you don't.

If you knew the truth you would be a Christian.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate's hatred aside, Reformers love God's Word...... they fueled a change of thought..... lest there be no Robert Pates to lecture the faithful on things unknown w/o Pateism.

I don't hate anything.

Calvinist hate the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

Tell me that 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19, is one of your favorite scriptures and I will show you a liar.