I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the Day of the LORD

beameup

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. - Malachi 4:5-6

Howl ye; for the Day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty. - Isaiah 13:6

Behold, the Day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. - Isaiah 13:9

Alas for the day! for the Day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come. - Joel 1:15

Woe unto you that desire the Day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the Day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. - Amos 5:18

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. - Malachi 4:5-6

It occurred before with Elijah himself and then with Christ, but the next time, God will send the Spirit of it upon His people , but not Elijah himself.

LA

beameup

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. - 2 Kings 2:11

Elijah is still alive, in heaven. Elijah is awaiting his return to earth prior to the Day of the LORD.

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. - Isaiah 66:15

Epoisses

The day of the Lord is broken up into the 1st and 2nd comings. John Baptist was the Elijah figure of his day and possibly one of the two witnesses will be the Elijah figure of the last days.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
John the Baptist came in the power and spirit of Elijah. Jesus told this about him when he went to be baptized. He was a descendant of aaron by both parents and lived his days in the wilderness such as a priest would. He was the last of our high priests. Jesus himself told us that John was the greatest of all men born from women. In the prophets it shows that he prepared the way for the Lord.

Yea but not Elijah and not a priest.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

daqq

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. - 2 Kings 2:11

Elijah is still alive, in heaven. Elijah is awaiting his return to earth prior to the Day of the LORD.

For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. - Isaiah 66:15

Eliyahu is still alive waiting in heaven? Do you mean alive in literal flesh? :crackup:

northwye

When on earth in the flesh who was the main enemy in the flesh of Elijah?

In I Kings 19: 1–2: “Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, "So may the gods do to me and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow."

To escape from the death threat by Jezebel, Elijah went a day’s journey into the wilderness and sat down under a juniper tree, and "...he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers." (I Kings 19: 4)

"And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat...........And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God. 9.And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away." I Kings 19: 5, 8-10

Elijah told God that he believed he, Elijah, was the only one left, and the minions of Jezebel were out to kill him too.

But God answered Elijah in I Kings 19: 18, "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him."

Paul quotes I Kings 19: 18 in Romans 11: 4, and in Romans 11: 5 Paul says "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

Paul talks about the remnant in Romans 9: 27 where he quotes Isaiah 10: 22-23, "For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness. 23. For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land."

The sending of Elijah the prophet before the Day of the Lord in Malachi 4: 5-6 refers to the spirit of Elijah in the remnant. That remnant can be seen in Revelation 11: 3-12. In Revelation 11: 6, for example, it says "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:..." In I Kings 17: 1 Elijah said to Ahab, "As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain, these years, but according to my word." Revelation 11: 6 is a reference to the spirit of Elijah in the end time remnant. Remember that in the end time, after the falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3-4, the leavening of Luke 13: 20-21 and when II Timothy 4: 3-4 has been fulfilled, the multitude are not the people of God, not the elect. The remnant is the elect and it is given the spirit of Elijah and a part of the mission of that spirit is to battle the spirit of Jezebel in the world at that time.

daqq

In the days of Yohanan Eliyahu the Immerser, (if one will receive it), the heavens were shut up three years and six months, that is, until ρημα θεου came upon him in the desert.

Elia

Bs"d

"And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist."
Matt 17

So it is clear, the NT claims that John the Baptist is Elijah the prophet.

And what does John himself say about that?

"And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent out of Jerusalem priests and Levites, that they might question him, `Who art thou?'
and he confessed and did not deny, and confessed -- `I am not the Christ.'
And they questioned him, `What then? Elijah art thou?' and he saith, `I am not.' -- `The prophet art thou?' and he answered, `No.'"
John 1:21

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Interplanner

Bs"d

"And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist."
Matt 17

"And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent out of Jerusalem priests and Levites, that they might question him, `Who art thou?'
And they questioned him, `What then? Elijah art thou?' and he saith, `I am not.' -- `The prophet art thou?' and he answered, `No.'"

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"

The refusals of John to identify himself are humility not inaccuracy. There are no Judaic events that need to happen in order for the 2nd coming in judgement to take place. No geo-politics etc. Rom 2, 8, I Cor 15, Acts 17, Heb 9, 2 Pet 3 (the most complete statement in ordinary language). All of the Judaic items took place in the 1st coming and the DofJ. It is total confusion to skip the DofJ as is done in D'ism.

daqq

Bs"d

Matt 17

The Spirit Anointing of Eliyahu was upon him but that does not make him Eliyahu in person, rather, he has the meshiyach-anointing of the one written in Daniel 9:26 and was indeed karath-cut off, (beheaded), just as the passage states. And likewise being a kohen, (which are nashiym born of nashiym), he went into captivity, (the prison of Herod), before he was cut off as it is also written of him in Zekaryah 14:2. Apart from that if he testifies of himself his testimony is not acceptable so instead, he says, "I am Kol Kore ba-midbar", and that is as you should know, Voice of a Cryer in the desert. However when Yeshayahu speaks of the voice of a Cryer in the desert he speaks of the Malak of Shemot-Exodus 23:20. Yeshua testifies of Yohanan that he is indeed the Malak of Shemot 23:20 in three different places: and the name of the Father which is in the Malak of that passage is Eliyahu, (because his name is a compound of El and Yahh).

beameup

Bs"d

Matt 17

Sorry that you are confused. I don't know what they teach you in the yeshiva, but here, careful Bible students pay very close attention to details and do not "gloss over" Holy Scripture.
The answer is in the next verse. They understood that he was making a reference to John the Baptist, who was a "type" of Elijah. You will get the real-deal in the near future, as well as other very "supernatural" events.

chair

Bs"d

Jesus answered and said to them...

It is an uphill battle trying to convince Christians that they don't have the TRUTH (TM), no matter how far-fetched their interpretations seem.

What is ironic is that they often claim that Jews don't understand their own scripture, when in fact they themselves often don't understand their own Christian scripture, since they are not familiar with the Jewish background of early Christianity.

beameup

It is an uphill battle trying to convince Christians that they don't have the TRUTH (TM), no matter how far-fetched their interpretations seem.
What is "the TRUTH"?

What is ironic is that they often claim that Jews don't understand their own scripture, when in fact they themselves often don't understand their own Christian scripture, since they are not familiar with the Jewish background of early Christianity.

The Sect of the Nazarenes was very much a sect of Judaism into the 2nd century.
Even after that, there remained Jewish Messianic believers in synagogues, although they often had to hide that fact.
Isn't it interesting that there are about 350 purely Jewish Messianic congregations in Israel presently (and growing rapidly)? A "sign of the times".

chair

Isn't it interesting that there are about 350 purely Jewish Messianic congregations in Israel presently (and growing rapidly)? A "sign of the times".

Yes, you are always gloating about that. There really aren't many "messianic" Jews in Israel. I have only run into them 2 or 3 times in the past 30 years.

History is not going in the direction that you think it ought to. Quite sorry.

beameup

Yes, you are always gloating about that. There really aren't many "messianic" Jews in Israel. I have only run into them 2 or 3 times in the past 30 years.

History is not going in the direction that you think it ought to. Quite sorry.

They don't broadcast it, if that's what you mean. As the Jews operated somewhat incognito in the Gentile nations, so the Messianics do likewise in Israel. You probably rub shoulders with them all the time and just don't realize it. There is a prophetic "triggering event" on the horizon that will change everything.
"It's the best of times, it's the worst of times" :)

chair

They don't broadcast it, if that's what you mean. As the Jews operated somewhat incognito in the Gentile nations, so the Messianics do likewise in Israel. You probably rub shoulders with them all the time and just don't realize it. There is a prophetic "triggering event" on the horizon that will change everything.
"It's the best of times, it's the worst of times" :)

I suggest that you read this book: When Prophecy Fails.

Have you ever visited here?

northwye

The sending of Elijah the prophet before the Day of the Lord in Malachi 4: 5-6 refers to the spirit of Elijah in the remnant. That remnant can be seen in Revelation 11: 3-12. In Revelation 11: 6, for example, it says "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:..." In I Kings 17: 1 Elijah said to Ahab, "As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain, these years, but according to my word." Revelation 11: 6 is a reference to the spirit of Elijah in the end time remnant.

The remnant is the elect and it is given the spirit of Elijah and a part of the mission of that spirit is to battle the spirit of Jezebel in the world at that time.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3: 12.

"But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work
wickedness in the sight of the LORD, whom Jezebel his wife stirred
up." I Kings 21: 25

When the Father is overthrown by Marxism, then the boys become dysfunctional.

Political correctness comes directly out of the teaching by the Frankfurt School that Christianity and the family are the cause of fascism and both must be gotten rid of.

Feminism is Frankfurt School Marxism applied.

"In the eyes of the dialectical philosophy, nothing is established for
all time, nothing is absolute or sacred." (Karl Marx)

"Once the earthly family is discovered to be the secret of the
heavenly family, the former must be destroyed (annihilated), in theory
and in practice." Karl Marx, Feuerbach Thesis #4

The heterosexual, Christian male figure is the target of Transformational Marxism.

See http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2SeHMQ7eV

"Four years ago, psychologist Leonard Sax (M.D., Ph.D.) wrote a
well-received book titled Boys Adrift. The doctor tried to answer the
question, why have so many young males fallen into passivity and
indifference?.........."Something scary is happening to boys today,"
Sax concluded. "From kindergarten to college, American boys are, on
average, less resilient and less ambitious than they were a mere
twenty years ago. The gender gap in college attendance and graduation
rates has widened dramatically."

"The book's full title is Boys Adrift: The Five Factors Driving the
Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men.
Sax lists the five factors right on the cover: "video games, teaching
methods, prescription drugs, environmental toxins, devaluation of
masculinity."

"First of all, critics have often noted that schools seem organized
more for girls than for boys...........Consider that all school
activity revolves around two basic skills: reading and arithmetic.
Students spend a lot of each day on these and must learn them in order
to advance to any other subjects. Failure in these two subjects
virtually guarantees failure in all subjects, and in all of life."

"Perversely, our public schools, for more than 50 years, have used
dysfunctional methods that virtually guarantee failure for the
ordinary boy."

beameup

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable Day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on THE NAME of YHWH shall be saved. - Acts 2:20-21
Jesus

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Howl ye; for the Day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty. - Isaiah 13:6

Behold, the Day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. - Isaiah 13:9

Alas for the day! for the Day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come. - Joel 1:15

Woe unto you that desire the Day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the Day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. - Amos 5:18

The biased holy men who wrote the Bible were human, they speculated a lot and got some things wrong. John wasn't Elijah, Elijah isn't coming back. Because of the same erroneous teaching John thought the deliverer would come in great power, executing Gods wrath upon the earth!!! Well, instead, a mature, loving, divine Son of God came and revealed the heavenly Father in his life. No wrath, no world wide destruction. He planted the seeds of the Kingdom of Heaven in his original gospel which will one day be preached to the world and subdue all mankind into one earth family. For now we have men continuing to speculate, projecting their way of thinking upon God.