I discipline my body.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul seems to be talking about knowing the truth, then preaching it, and knowing that he needs to tell others that he disciplines his body and makes it his slave.

1 Corinthians 9:27 NASB - 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

It seems to be about getting things right, and never stopping in your pursuit of moral perfection in the grace of God. That is, obeying God and Jesus yields or reaps eternal rewards. If we struggle in any way with anything, from feeling the weight of God's Law to not understanding any activity opposed to God that we commit in the flesh, are tempted to commit, or which deeds of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21 NASB) that are evident and don't belong in the life of the Christian, these need to be defeated. We are serious about sin and getting it out of our life. Otherwise Paul wouldn't describe a struggle at all. The only thing he could possibly mean if not sin would be getting better at doing good works or good deeds, which of course we should do. I'm just not at all sure he is not at all talking about ridding our bodies of sin and every defilement of flesh. May you have victory on account of the work of Jesus Christ 2000 years ago and in your life today.

Galatians 2:20 NASB - 20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Romans 8:13 NASB - 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Peter 4:1-2 NASB - 1 Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.