How to Receive Christ as Your Savior

Robert Pate

Banned
"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ and be saved. I have never met anyone that does not know that Jesus died for the sins of the world. They know this because the Holy Spirit has revealed it to them. The call now is to receive him as your savior. The scripture says that he came unto his own, but his own did not receive him, John 1:11. Even though they rejected him, he did not reject them. His arms were always open to the Jews. His plea was, "Come unto me , all of you that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls" Matthew 11:28, 29.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that have killed the prophets and stoned them that were sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings and you would not" Matthew 23:37.

The same invitation is extended to all today, Come to Christ and be saved. To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive who he is. Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am he (Lord or God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24 It is imperative that we believe that Jesus is Lord or God. If Jesus was just a man and not Lord or God he could not save us from our sins. God demands a perfect sacrifice as an atonement for our sins. Jesus was the Lamb of God who was without spot or blemish.

To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive what he has done to save you. In our name and on our behalf Jesus offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified and reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:19. All who have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are spiritually placed in Christ. God now sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for you by Jesus Christ. Peter said that salvation in Jesus is, "An inheritance incorruptible and undefiled that will never fade away, reserved for you in heaven" 1 Peter 1:4. The life has been lived, your sins have been atoned for. There is really nothing left to do, other than to receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Predi

All who have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are spiritually placed in Christ.

Where does it say "as repentant sinners"?

Robert Pate

Banned
Where does it say "as repentant sinners"?

Jesus said, "I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance" Luke 5:32.

Repentance is part of the salvation process. When we hear and believe the Gospel the Holy Spirit will cause us to repent. The Christian is always repenting because he is a sinner. There is never a time when he is completely repented.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never met anyone that does not know that Jesus died for the sins of the world.

I spent nearly 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are not permitted to proselytize by US law nor sharia law. However, you can share the gospel if they bring it up and want to talk. Not one, and I mean not one doesn't know who "Jesus" is, or that he died on the cross for sin and he was raised from the dead. He said if he is crucified he will draw all men unto him. Paul has said all are "without excuse".

The Christian is always repenting because he is a sinner. There is never a time when he is completely repented.

Not so. We are complete in him. We are without blame. The body is dead because of sin, but we are not to regard anybody according to the flesh (with righteousness). He who has died has been freed from sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
I spent nearly 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. We are not permitted to proselytize by US law nor sharia law. However, you can share the gospel if they bring it up and want to talk. Not one, and I mean not one doesn't know who "Jesus" is, or that he died on the cross for sin and he was raised from the dead. He said if he is crucified he will draw all men unto him. Paul has said all are "without excuse".

Not so. We are complete in him. We are without blame. The body is dead because of sin, but we are not to regard anybody according to the flesh (with righteousness). He who has died has been freed from sin.

You spent 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan? WOW!

If there is one place where Jesus would not be known it is that God forsaken part of the world. Yet they know of him. Very interesting.

Spiritually, you are right about repentance. I just wish that the Pentecostals who believe that they are all repented up and are now without sin believed that also.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Look at TOL member Egyptian Muslim. He knows and can tell you all about him even though it is unlawful for him to do so. He can even tell us what the Koran says about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The short answer to the question of how to receive him (move from death to life) is to accept his free gift. Place your trust in his work and leave your works for the garbage heap.

beloved57

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ and be saved. I have never met anyone that does not know that Jesus died for the sins of the world. They know this because the Holy Spirit has revealed it to them. The call now is to receive him as your savior. The scripture says that he came unto his own, but his own did not receive him, John 1:11. Even though they rejected him, he did not reject them. His arms were always open to the Jews. His plea was, "Come unto me , all of you that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls" Matthew 11:28, 29.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that have killed the prophets and stoned them that were sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings and you would not" Matthew 23:37.

The same invitation is extended to all today, Come to Christ and be saved. To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive who he is. Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am he (Lord or God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24 It is imperative that we believe that Jesus is Lord or God. If Jesus was just a man and not Lord or God he could not save us from our sins. God demands a perfect sacrifice as an atonement for our sins. Jesus was the Lamb of God who was without spot or blemish.

To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive what he has done to save you. In our name and on our behalf Jesus offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified and reconciled to God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:19. All who have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are spiritually placed in Christ. God now sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for you by Jesus Christ. Peter said that salvation in Jesus is, "An inheritance incorruptible and undefiled that will never fade away, reserved for you in heaven" 1 Peter 1:4. The life has been lived, your sins have been atoned for. There is really nothing left to do, other than to receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ.
False statements, those whom God calls are Justified and Glorified Rom 8:28-30!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
In the original Gospel of the kingdom Jesus taught the good news that all men and women of the earth are already Sons and Daughters of God, that by saving faith we may realize this ennobling truth. Tus he lived a God revealing life for the positive cause of salvation. In the religion about Jesus the Son of God became a sacrifice for the negative cause of sin.

beloved57

The short answer to the question of how to receive him (move from death to life) is to accept his free gift. Place your trust in his work and leave your works for the garbage heap.

False statements and promoting salvation by works, by what a person does. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 that is the free gift.

beloved57

In the original Gospel of the kingdom Jesus taught the good news that all men and women of the earth are already Sons and Daughters of God, that by saving faith we may realize this ennobling truth. Tus he lived a God revealing life for the positive cause of salvation. In the religion about Jesus the Son of God became a sacrifice for the negative cause of sin.

False statements, Jesus told some that their father is the devil Jn 8:44!

Robert Pate

Banned

Right! Our good works and piety is but dung, compared to his works and righteousness, Philippians 3:8.

Ben Masada

Hey Nick, take it easy man! You are getting a little too far. Read what James says in James 2:26. He says that faith without the works of the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life; dead if you know what he means.. As you can see, there is some credit in obedience to the Law to achieve salvation..

Samie

How can one accept the free gift and place one's trust in His work, while dead?

And that's the Arminians' dilemma.

To get rid of the dilemma, one has only to believe that because of what God through Christ did on the cross for humanity, all are born spiritually alive, born already in Christ. Hence it is no problem accepting the gift when one is able to, being spiritually alive.

Robert Pate

Banned
How can one accept the free gift and place one's trust in His work, while dead?

And that's the Arminians' dilemma.

To get rid of the dilemma, one has only to believe that because of what God through Christ did on the cross for humanity, all are born spiritually alive, born already in Christ. Hence it is no problem accepting the gift when one is able to, being spiritually alive.

This is why the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes, Romans 1:16.

Samie

This is why the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes, Romans 1:16.
And the reason why one is able to believe is because he is born spiritually alive. IOW, he has the capacity to believe having been given faith, the faith of the Son of God, a measure of which God gave every man. Romans 12:3

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Amen!