How Do You Measure Success?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
HOW DO YOU MEASURE SUCCESS?
When I talk to people their replies give a strong indecation of where their values are at. And what their goals are. Their goals are always in line with their idea of what success is.
We know that some people place all their goals on money. The more money the greater their success. I have seen so many that do this. Their career over rides their relationships, their family and their salvation. I mean we know that being rich is a sin. And yet no one takes that as truth. And the poor are blessed, being rich in faith.
I have always seen success as getting back into the garden of Eden. Where God takes care of everything. Where everything is given to you. Whether it be money, home, cars, motorcycles, boats. If it is given to you by God to me that is the strongest evidence. And the greatest gift of all would be total peace inside yourself. No emotions(unclean spirits) having a pure heart a good conscience and sensere faith.
But I would like to hear what you think is success. We know that God says if anyone does not have the love of the truth, that He will send them strong delusions.

II Th 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(NKJ)

Rev 3:17
17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
(NKJ)

Luke 12:22-32
22 Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on.
23 "Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.
24 "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?
25 "And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
26 "If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?
27 "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 "If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
29 "And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind.
30 "For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things.
31 "But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
(NKJ)

xxx Is success being a hero? Hero's do alot of what appears to be amazing things. Some intentional, and some by accident. All these different things appear to be successful. But they are all done in the flesh.

Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

xxx The bible teaches that success is only done in the Spirit. Finding the Holy Spirit, entering the kingdom of God, and crucifying all ones emotions(unclean spirits). Being sanctified, justified.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

xxx The bible teaches that true success is to be born again.

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

John 3:6-7
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Success in Christianity is contentment. Contentment is the lack of wanting, lusting, coveting, needing anything in the world. No emotions. With only one desire left in you.

Phil 1:21-23
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23 For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
To many measure success by money. That is a strong delusion.

[2Th 2:9-12
9 The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.