God's written law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you study Torah? The Five Books of Moses? Do you study God's Law?

Do you know about the Ten Commandments?

Exodus 34:28 NASB - So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 10:4 NASB - "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

See Exodus 20:1-26 NASB. Deuteronomy 5:1-33 NASB.

Romans 1:1-32 NASB.
Romans 2:1-29 NASB.

These scriptures from the NLT refer to God's written law. Compare to the NASB.

Romans 2:12 NLT - When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God's written law. And the Jews, who do have God's law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it.

Romans 2:14 NLT - Even Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB.

Romans 3:1 NASB - Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision?
Romans 3:2 NASB - Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

Acts 21:39 NASB - But Paul said, "I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no insignificant city; and I beg you, allow me to speak to the people."

Acts 22:3 NASB - "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated under Gamaliel, strictly according to the law of our fathers, being zealous for God just as you all are today.

1 Corinthians 9:1-27 NASB.

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 NASB - 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 NKJV - 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those [who are] under the law, as under the law, that I might win those [who are] under the law; 21 to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 NIV - 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

Galatians 4:4-7 NKJV - 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.

Romans 6:14-15 NASB - 14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

Luke 9:23 NASB - 23 And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.

2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB

Colossians 3:3 NASB - 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Romans 6:2, 10 NASB - 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? ... 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

1 Peter 3:21-22 NASB - 21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience--through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

Acts 13:24 NASB - 24 after John had proclaimed before His coming a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Matthew 11:11 NASB - 11 "Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Matthew 11:13 NASB - 13 "For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

Malachi 4:6 NASB - 6 "He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."

Luke 1:17 NASB - 17 "It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Matthew 11:14 NASB - 14 "And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come.

Malachi 3:1 NASB - 1 "Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts.

Matthew 11:10 NASB - 10 "This is the one about whom it is written,'BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU,WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.'

Mark 1:2 NASB - 2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet:"BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU,WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY;

Luke 7:27 NASB - 27 "This is the one about whom it is written,'BEHOLD, I SEND MY MESSENGER AHEAD OF YOU,WHO WILL PREPARE YOUR WAY BEFORE YOU.'

John the Baptist baptized Jesus.

Matthew 3:11 NASB - 11 "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Luke 3:16 NASB - 16 John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Matthew 3:13-17 NASB - 13 Then Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan coming to John, to be baptized by him. 14 But John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?" 15 But Jesus answering said to him, "Permit it at this time; for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he permitted Him. 16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

John 4:1-2 NASB - 1 Therefore when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John 2 (although Jesus Himself was not baptizing, but His disciples were),

Matthew 28:19-20 NASB - 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

baptize

baptized

baptism

Read Acts

The Spirit of God was poured out on Pentecost, and on Gentiles later, who were then baptised.

Acts 2:33 NASB - 33 "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

Acts 10:47-48 NASB - 47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?" 48 And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 18:25 NASB - 25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;

Romans 6:4 NASB - 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

Colossians 2:12 NASB - 12 having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy 3:14-17 NASB - 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.