God's Law is Moral

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Ziv 19. I am a Jew, of Israel.

God's Law is Moral. I do not know what people mean by the moral law. It is a made up distinction. Often it refers to the Ten Commandments. Sometimes to Nine Commandments (excluding the Sabbath). What else? I accept the Law of Moses upon myself as a Jew. There are 613 Commandments for me to obey / observe. I already do so. This is the covenant God made with us at Mount Sinai. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written upon minds and hearts. It came to us in Yeshua Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

The only other things I can say as a past Christian and Dispensationalist at this time is that the word ordinances is not the same as ceremonial law. I do not distinguish these terms because the word ceremonial in regard to law is not a part of my vocabulary as a Jew. This is uniquely Christian terminology as I understand it. Ordinances may not refer to the same. There is much more to the law than delineating between moral and ceremonial. But was this the reason for some to term some law as moral and other law as ceremonial. The Sabbath commandment has been seen as both moral and ceremonial, or why is it seen as ceremonial and wouldn't the entire Law of God be moral?

The 613 Commandments are found in Torah. This (Torah, the first five books) is sometimes called
the Law of Moses. It has been called the Law. How we view these things is very important, and not viewing them wrongly. It has to do with our terms, terminology, and definitions.

What is Moral Law and what is the moral law?

Shalom.

Jacob

Last edited:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
What is Moral Law and what is the moral law?
'Church teaches: "The moral law is the work of divine Wisdom. Its biblical meaning can be defined as fatherly instruction, God's pedagogy. It prescribes for man the ways, the rules of conduct that lead to the promised beatitude; it proscribes the ways of evil which turn him away from God and his love. It is at once firm in its precepts and, in its promises, worthy of love."

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a1.htm

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
'Church teaches: "The moral law is the work of divine Wisdom. Its biblical meaning can be defined as fatherly instruction, God's pedagogy. It prescribes for man the ways, the rules of conduct that lead to the promised beatitude; it proscribes the ways of evil which turn him away from God and his love. It is at once firm in its precepts and, in its promises, worthy of love."
Shalom.

I thought you said that you are not Catholic. I am a Jew.

Shalom.

Jacob

Bradley D

The reason Jesus was sent to us by God was because no one could perfectly keep the law. No amount of sacrifices was working. Blood running through the streets was not enough to cleanse the sins of the people. Jesus is the person who became a once and for all sinless sacrifice for all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The reason Jesus was sent to us by God was because no one could perfectly keep the law. No amount of sacrifices was working. Blood running through the streets was not enough to cleanse the sins of the people. Jesus is the person who became a once and for all sinless sacrifice for all.
Shalom.

This is time to evaluate what you are saying. What do you mean by blood running through the streets? Jesus came and died that your sins would be forgiven. The Law has not been abolished. Was there a time when God decided to send His Son? At the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Shalom.

Jacob

Bradley D

Shalom.

This is time to evaluate what you are saying. What do you mean by blood running through the streets? Jesus came and died that your sins would be forgiven. The Law has not been abolished. Was there a time when God decided to send His Son? At the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Shalom.

Jacob

"Some passages in the text depict priests wading up to their knees in blood, and others describe 1.2 million animals being slaughtered on one day. And the ancient Jewish historian Flavius Josephus also describes an enormous slaughtering operation" (Animal Sacrifice Powered Ancient Jerusalem's Economy"
www.livescience.com/39307-jerusalem-animal-sacrifice-found.h...).

No matter of sacrifice besides that of our Lord Jesus can cleanse a person of their sins. True repentance begins in the heart not from outward observances. The Pharisees thought they could earn their way into heaven by all their outward observances. But inwardly they were full of pride.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Some passages in the text depict priests wading up to their knees in blood, and others describe 1.2 million animals being slaughtered on one day. And the ancient Jewish historian Flavius Josephus also describes an enormous slaughtering operation" (Animal Sacrifice Powered Ancient Jerusalem's Economy"
www.livescience.com/39307-jerusalem-animal-sacrifice-found.h...).

No matter of sacrifice besides that of our Lord Jesus can cleanse a person of their sins. True repentance begins in the heart not from outward observances. The Pharisees thought they could earn their way into heaven by all their outward observances. But inwardly they were full of pride.
Shalom.

I do not know what you are saying to be true.

Shalom.

Jacob