God: I was revealed to a people that did not look for me (Gentiles)

beameup

Quoting Gods word
First
Moses says,
“I WILL MAKE YOU JEALOUS BY THAT WHICH IS NOT A NATION (nations),
BY A NATION (Gentile nations) WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WILL I ANGER YOU.”

And Isaiah is very bold and says,
“I WAS FOUND BY THOSE WHO DID NOT SEEK ME (Gentile nations),
I BECAME MANIFEST TO THOSE (Gentiles) WHO DID NOT ASK FOR ME.”

But as for Israel He says,
“ALL THE DAY LONG I HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HANDS TO
A DISOBEDIENT AND OBSTINATE PEOPLE.”
Romans 10:19,20,21 NASB
see:
Deuteronomy 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation (Gentile Nations).

Hosea 2:23 “I will sow her for Myself in the land.
I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion,
And I will say to those who were not My people (Gentiles),
You are My people!
And they will say, ‘You are my God!’”

Isaiah 65:1-2 “I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me (Gentile nations);
I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me (Gentile nations).
I said, ‘Here am I, here am I,’
To a nation (Gentile nations) which did not call on My name.

Proverbs 1:24- “Because I called and you refused,
I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention;
And you neglected all my counsel
And did not want my reproof;
I will also laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when your dread comes,
When your dread comes like a storm
And your calamity comes like a whirlwind,
When distress and anguish come upon you.
“Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,
Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the LORD.
“They would not accept my counsel,
They spurned all my reproof.
“So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way
And be satiated with their own devices.
“For the waywardness of the naive will kill them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them.

Quoting scripture only, read 'em and weep

Last edited:

Danoh

Consider that Gentiles is plural. That Gentiles are not A nation. They are NATIONS.

You are making the same mistake that those who assert Rom. 2:17 is referring to Gentiles as poselytes make - you are taking the words TOO literally.

In contrast to being literal is being TOO literal.

There is the principle that a passage means what it says.

But that principle goes hand in hand with the principle of allowing a passage to mean what it actually means by comparing it with other passages - in light a chapter and or book's overall scope and context.

The "a nation" being referred to is a new class of Israelites (not merely Jacob's seed, but Jacob's seed in Isaac).

Israelites who, called out from out of apostate Israel; heed said call.

There is much on this in Scripture.

You can start with the whole of Isaiah, chapter 8.

Compare it to the WHOLE of John 1; John 5; and John 8.

The contrast is between ISRAEL as a gainsaying people, and ISRAEL's believing remnant.

Last edited:

beameup

Consider that Gentiles is plural. That Gentiles are not A nation. They are NATIONS.

You are making the same mistake that those who assert Rom. 2:17 is referring to Gentiles as poselytes make - you are taking the words TOO literally.

I'm afraid that if you feel that it is God that is making the "mistakes" you refer to, you will have to take that up with him, as I only quoted His Word with minimal insertions for clarity.

I suppose I could draw a picture for you concerning these verses, however, the vast majority should not have a problem deciphering the simple message.

If you snooze, you lose

Danoh

I'm afraid that if you feel that it is God that is making the "mistakes" you refer to, you will have to take that up with him, as I only quoted His Word with minimal insertions for clarity.

I suppose I could draw a picture for you concerning these verses, however, the vast majority should not have a problem deciphering the simple message.

If you snooze, you lose

No; I gave you specific passages that clearly contradict this "learning of men" based view of yours.

As the four gospels open up, Israel as a nation has been "no people" for a long ways back, and under one foreign power after another.

Their believing remnant (a believing "nation" within the nation Israel in general) were considered the one's "no people" by the rest; who were in unbelief.

Isaiah 8:12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid. 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 8:15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken. 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

It is you who are being the fool.

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Verses 20-22 "found of them...But to Israel he saith...are this...

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Verse 12's "But as many as received him" refers to as many of His Own people who received Him...

John 1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone. 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. 1:44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

You are the one snoozing - in your duplicity. For you fake wisdom but did not even bother to look at the passages I cited because my assertion did not fit your "traditions of men" you parrot.

:doh:

beameup

It seems you have a problem with God and his Word.
You apparently are convicted when someone simply quotes scripture to you.
In this case when I simply quoted Romans 10:19-21.
I usually attribute this type of extreme name calling to a negative supernatural activity.
Unless you have no control over your reaction to God's word, isn't it best to simply "not look" at the post?

Truster

And Isaiah is very bold and says,
“I WAS FOUND BY THOSE WHO DID NOT SEEK ME (Gentile nations),
I BECAME MANIFEST TO THOSE (Gentiles) WHO DID NOT ASK FOR ME.”

This was my experience of regeneration. I didn't seek for it and I didn't ask nor want it. ( Want as in see a need.)

beameup

Moses saith, "I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you."
But Isiah is very bold, and saith, "I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me."
Romans 10:19-20
the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. - Romans 9:30

So, the Gentiles inherit the God of Abraham and listen to him.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.