God’s love and your love.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you thought about God’s love for you? Have you thought about His commands to love Him and love your neighbor, your fellow man? Have you thought about His love for you in Jesus Christ, the love of Jesus for you, and what it means to be loved by God unto salvation? This is something your love can never purchase, but Jesus’ death did.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In all your posts is that disconnect, that not quite hitting the target.

Here you are as it were a man who has been invited to a feast and are contemplating what it may be...you are not in the position of someone who is sat down digging into the fat portions, tasting the wines on the lees well refined....enjoying the fellowship of the table

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In all your posts is that disconnect, that not quite hitting the target.

Here you are as it were a man who has been invited to a feast and are contemplating what it may be...you are not in the position of someone who is sat down digging into the fat portions, tasting the wines on the lees well refined....enjoying the fellowship of the table
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

God is so good and each and every one of us needs salvation in Him who loves us, God, and His Son Jesus Christ who loved us and died for us. He was buried and rose from the dead never to die again. He is both Lord and Savior. In Him you and each and every person can have salvation, which is the forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Your destiny apart from repentance unto faith is death and the lake of fire. In Him you can have full assurance of your rising from the dead and eternal life.

Bradley D

It is the two Great Commandments I concentrate on following each day. Love God, Love neighbor, I also add love wife (Eph. 5:33). I believe that in all things I do if those commandments are foremost in my mind I will be following the commandments/law of God.

Sonnet

God is so good and each and every one of us needs salvation in Him who loves us, God, and His Son Jesus Christ who loved us and died for us. He was buried and rose from the dead never to die again. He is both Lord and Savior. In Him you and each and every person can have salvation, which is the forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Your destiny apart from repentance unto faith is death and the lake of fire. In Him you can have full assurance of your rising from the dead and eternal life.

Indeed, Christ's death for all men - the essence of the good news.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's illusion, and there's reality. You can preach your Free Grace heresy all day, but you can only prop it up with make believe :plain:

sneering-calvinism.jpg

Sonnet

There's illusion, and there's reality. You can preach your Free Grace heresy all day, but you can only prop it up with make believe :plain:

sneering-calvinism.jpg

The preacher who, when asked by an unbeliever for clarification, asserts that Christ did not die for all men is, de fact, refusing to tell unbelievers 'Christ died for our sins.' And yet such a preacher will tell believers, 'Christ died for our sins.' That is a different gospel and Paul cursed those that preach a gospel 'other than the one you (unbelievers) accepted.'

You have so far not refuted this argument.

Sonnet

Illusion - scripture teaches that Christ died for less than all.
Reality - Romans 5:6 Hebrews 2:9 Titus 2:11 1 Timothy 1:16 1 John 2:2 John 1:29

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Have you thought about God’s love for you? Have you thought about His commands to love Him and love your neighbor, your fellow man? Have you thought about His love for you in Jesus Christ, the love of Jesus for you, and what it means to be loved by God unto salvation? This is something your love can never purchase, but Jesus’ death did.

Nope. Never thought about it -

Sonnet

Indeed - the very essence of the power of the Gospel - the claim that Christ died for each and every person. Such cannot but demand our attention...even if it's just for a moment. What greater love can there be than this?

Romans 5:6-8
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

John 3:14-16
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: - sarcasm - I think it's preposterous to ask Christians if they ever thought about God's love for us. That's all we think about

Ah, but many here do not seem to translate that to love for fellow man, rather they judge all those who do not step into their particular theological line worthy of eternal punishment. A bit presumptuous but I guess it makes them feel better.