Gentiles shall go to Jerusalem to WORSHIP the KING, YHWH of Hosts - Zechariah 14:16

beameup

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations [Gentiles] which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to WORSHIP the KING, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. - Zechariah 14:16

Elia

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations [Gentiles] which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to WORSHIP the KING, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. - Zechariah 14:16

Bs"d

"16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Y-H-W-H of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Y-H-W-H of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

20 In that day “HOLINESS TO Y-H-W-H” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in Y-H-W-H’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to Y-H-W-H of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of Y-H-W-H of hosts."

Zech 14

In those days there will be no more paganism, no more Xmass, but the Biblical feasts will be observed by everybody, the third eternal Temple will be build, the animal sacrifices restored.

How can anybody say the law is abolished?? :confused::confused::confused:

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14

Last edited:

Elia

Do you believe there will be a new covenant with Israel and Judah?

Bs"d

Yes, but the new covenant will be the old law written in our hearts.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, but the new covenant will be the old law written in our hearts.

Will the new covenant be like the Sinaitic covenant?

Jeremiah 31:31-32: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah — not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke though I was a husband to them, says the LORD."

If the new covenant is not according to the Sinaitic covenant would that not mean it is different?

Elia

Will the new covenant be like the Sinaitic covenant?

Jeremiah 31:31-32: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah — not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke though I was a husband to them, says the LORD."

If the new covenant is not according to the Sinaitic covenant would that not mean it is different?

Bs"d

The difference will be that there will be no more or a very much diminished free will.

So it is the same, yet different.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."

Elia

KING YHWH will be WORSHIPPED

Bs"d

And King Y-H-W-H will not be and never was a human being.

And King Y-H-W-H will be ONE, and not three:

"And Y-H-W-H shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “Y-H-W-H is one, and His name one."
Zech 14:9

Elia

HE eats, HE talks, HE has a body, HE lives in a Temple-Palace, HE is a KING and accepts WORSHIP.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Bs"d

God does not have a body, He doesn't eat, He doesn't live in a Temple, and accepting worship and being a king does not make Him human.

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

beameup

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God does not have a body...

But we are made in God's image, male and female versions of God.

Genesis 1:27: "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them."

We look like God and with our Helper we learn to act like God.

Elia

KING YHWH will be WORSHIPPED

Bs"d

And NOBODY else, only the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

Elia

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...I-will-dwell-with-the-children-of-Israel-quot

In Ezekiel, God lives in a Temple, where He dwells, he has "feet", offers sacrifices (these are eaten), He accepts worship. Knowing the Old Testament, what does He look like (resemble) in his multitude of appearances?

Bs"d

The Tanach uses a lot of metaphors who are absolutely not to be taken literally.

About the "living in a Temple", king Solomon said about that already 3000 years ago:

"Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands 13 (for Solomon had made a bronze platform five cubits long, five cubits wide, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court; and he stood on it, knelt down on his knees before all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven); 14 and he said: “Y-H-W-H God of Israel, there is no God in heaven or on earth like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts. 15 You have kept what You promised Your servant David my father; You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled it with Your hand, as it is this day. 16 Therefore, Y-H-W-H God of Israel, now keep what You promised Your servant David my father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man sit before Me on the throne of Israel, only if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk in My law as you have walked before Me.’ 17 And now, O Y-H-W-H God of Israel, let Your word come true, which You have spoken to Your servant David.
18 “But will God indeed dwell with men on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!"

2 Chron 6

Solomon knew that the heavens of the heavens cannot contain God, let alone a Temple.

So God doesn't live in a Temple.

Elia

But we are made in God's image, male and female versions of God.

Genesis 1:27: "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them."

We look like God and with our Helper we learn to act like God.

Bs"d

God is not physical, He doesn't have a body. Therefore, "in His image" does not refer to a physical image, but to something else.

It could be that it refers for instance to humans having free will, like God, unlike for instance animals and angels.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs"d

The Tanach uses a lot of metaphors who are absolutely not to be taken literally.

About the "living in a Temple", king Solomon said about that already 3000 years ago:

"Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands 13 (for Solomon had made a bronze platform five cubits long, five cubits wide, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court; and he stood on it, knelt down on his knees before all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven); 14 and he said: “Y-H-W-H God of Israel, there is no God in heaven or on earth like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts. 15 You have kept what You promised Your servant David my father; You have both spoken with Your mouth and fulfilled it with Your hand, as it is this day. 16 Therefore, Y-H-W-H God of Israel, now keep what You promised Your servant David my father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man sit before Me on the throne of Israel, only if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk in My law as you have walked before Me.’ 17 And now, O Y-H-W-H God of Israel, let Your word come true, which You have spoken to Your servant David.
18 “But will God indeed dwell with men on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!"

2 Chron 6

Solomon knew that the heavens of the heavens cannot contain God, let alone a Temple.

So God doesn't live in a Temple.

Exo_25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
Exo_29:45 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.
Exo_29:46 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.
Num_35:34 Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel.
1Ki_6:13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.
Eze_43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
Zec_2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
Zec_2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
Zec_8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

I believe Israel's prophets.
It's really odd that you don't.

Elia

Exo_25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
Exo_29:45 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.
Exo_29:46 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.
Num_35:34 Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel.
1Ki_6:13 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.
Eze_43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
Zec_2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
Zec_2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
Zec_8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

I believe Israel's prophets.
It's really odd that you don't.

Bs"d

“But will God indeed dwell with men on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!"
2 Chron 6

It is obvious that the word "dwell" is not to be taken literally, because God is not physical, and God doesn't need a place to dwell in.

What it does mean is that in the Temple God's presence is more intense than in another place, but God is everywhere, also when He "dwells" in the Temple.

beameup

Bs"d
It is obvious that the word "dwell" is not to be taken literally, because God is not physical, and God doesn't need a place to dwell in.
What it does mean is that in the Temple God's presence is more intense than in another place, but God is everywhere, also when He "dwells" in the Temple.

Typical "excuses". It's "metaphorical", it's "not literal", "dwell" doesn't mean "dwell".
Sounds like a lot of "hocus-pocus" with the Word of God (written by ruach 'elohim, btw).

Perhaps YOUR GOD is a trickster like the Viking Loki.
hqdefault.jpg

Elia

Typical "excuses". It's "metaphorical", it's "not literal", "dwell" doesn't mean "dwell".
Sounds like a lot of "hocus-pocus" with the Word of God (written by ruach 'elohim, btw).

Bs"d

Let's show some Christian hocus pocus with their scripture:

What does this mean? And why don't you do it? "Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do" Matt 23:1

And what does this mean? And why don't you do it??

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

beameup

Bs"d

What does this mean? And why don't you do it? "Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do" Matt 23:1

You don't even have a clue what sitting in "Moses' seat" means. You are truly "clueless". :confused:
When your beloved scribes had to re-write Judaism following 70 A.D., they "threw out" a
huge amount of earlier rabbinical beliefs and teaching. They did, however, "keep their jobs".
Now, they've had 2,000 years to continually rewrite and "update" your "religion", so that
Moses wouldn't even recognize your "religion", if he came back from the dead.

BTW, whatever happened to that 2,000 year old missionary commission to the Jews to "spread the light" to the Gentiles and teach them the 7 NoHide Laws?