ga'al

Gary K

Banned
So now understanding spiritual things is done with the mind?
I never said no use of the mind is required. I said spiritual discernment comes from the HS which means our intellect is of little use in that context for no matter the intellect of the natural man he can't understand spiritual issues.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Do you seriously believe that righteous Abel and Noah, and others like them, were saved because they put their faith in Jesus' death and resurrection? There isn't any way that you actually believe that.

How else is anyone saved than by faith in Jesus?
Today, there isn't any other way but I'm talking about people who lived and died several centuries before anyone ever preached anything that even included the word "Jesus" (or its Hebrew equivalent), never mind anything about Him being the Son of God who died for sin and was raised from the dead.

Jesus Himself didn't preach anything to anyone about His death or resurrection and when He did mention it, no one understood what He was talking about unless He explicitly explained it to them and then He told them to keep their mouths shut about it which wasn't any problem because they didn't believe it! Jesus was hung on the cross and was dead in the grave, just as He had told them would happen and they still didn't get it to the point that some of them had to be shown hard physical proof before they'd believe He had risen from the dead!

Gary K

Banned
Do you seriously believe that righteous Abel and Noah, and others like them, were saved because they put their faith in Jesus' death and resurrection? There isn't any way that you actually believe that.

Today, there isn't any other way but I'm talking about people who lived and died several centuries before anyone ever preached anything that even included the word "Jesus" (or its Hebrew equivalent), never mind anything about Him being the Son of God who died for sin and was raised from the dead.

Jesus Himself didn't preach anything to anyone about His death or resurrection and when He did mention it, no one understood what He was talking about unless He explicitly explained it to them and then He told them to keep their mouths shut about it which wasn't any problem because they didn't believe it! Jesus was hung on the cross and was dead in the grave, just as He had told them would happen and they still didn't get it to the point that some of them had to be shown hard physical proof before they'd believe He had risen from the dead!
Scripture, and NT scripture on top of that, tells us exactly that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

What scripture, specifically, tells us that Abel and Noah put their faith in something that hadn't happened yet and wouldn't happen for a literally a few millennia?

Because last I checked, such scripture does not exist, because it didn't happen.

Gary K

Banned
What scripture, specifically, tells us that Abel and Noah put their faith in something that hadn't happened yet and wouldn't happen for a literally a few millennia?

Because last I checked, such scripture does not exist, because it didn't happen.
The prophecies of the Messiah.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are way too many to list.

Start with one.

Book chapter and verse, please, or retract your claim as unsubstantiated.

If you don't know that you're not the Biblical scholar you think you are.

I have never claimed to be a Biblical scholar.

Nor can I read your mind.

Substantiate your claim, please.

Book, chapter, verse.

Gary K

Banned
Start with one.

I have never claimed to be a Biblical scholar.

Nor can I read your mind.

Book, chapter, verse.
This is very odd. It's as if you don't believe the prophecies concerning Jesus exist. I guess it's just something to derail the thread. I don't think I'll go along with you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is very odd.

What's odd is you not being willing to back up your claims.

It's as if you don't believe the prophecies concerning Jesus exist.

How in the world did you arrive at that conclusion?

Clete asked you a question, you answered with something ridiculous, and I challenged you to back up your claim with evidence, and now you refuse to provide the requested evidence.

How does that translate to "my opponent must not believe something"?

I guess it's just something to derail the thread. I don't think I'll go along with you.

You're being a troll, Gary.

You're getting really close to being banned for it.

Shape up.

Now, care to provide evidence to back up your claim that "Abel and Noah were saved because they put their faith in Jesus' death and resurrection"?

And I don't mean just referring to a group of prophecies, I want book, chapter, and verse where it says what you claim they say.

Gary K

Banned
What's odd is you not being willing to back up your claims.

How in the world did you arrive at that conclusion?

Clete asked you a question, you answered with something ridiculous, and I challenged you to back up your claim with evidence, and now you refuse to provide the requested evidence.

How does that translate to "my opponent must not believe something"?

You're being a troll, Gary.

You're getting really close to being banned for it.

Shape up.

Now, care to provide evidence to back up your claim that "Abel and Noah were saved because they put their faith in Jesus' death and resurrection"?

And I don't mean just referring to a group of prophecies, I want book, chapter, and verse where it says what you claim they say.
So you'll ban me for not answering you. I guess you'll just have to ban me for believing differently than you and Clete.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you'll ban me for not answering you.

No, I'll ban you for being a troll who refuses to engage appropriately on a forum meant for discussion.

I guess you'll just have to ban me for believing differently than you and Clete.

You've been told repeatedly that you can believe whatever you want (within reason) and still be allowed to post here.

Refusing to engage rationally and then complaining when people don't agree with you is the epitome of childishness, and will eventually get you banned, because it's NOT conducive to civil discussion.

7. Thou SHALL NOT troll our forums. If you are here to make outlandish, crazy statements merely to get a rise out of the membership and cause trouble, please save yourself the time and leave.

9. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect TOL moderators and admins (if you are asked by a TOL moderator to alter a post, your signature, avatar, or other input on TOL, please respect that request). If you have been banned, please wait-out your ban. Please do not re-register using a new username unless you have made a special arrangement with the TOL staff.

Please do not become a one trick pony, coming here to post exclusively on one subject - especially if that topic gets a rise out of the membership.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This is very odd. It's as if you don't believe the prophecies concerning Jesus exist.
What he doesn't believe is that you have any ability whatsoever to biblically establish even the simplest point of your own doctrine.

I guess it's just something to derail the thread. I don't think I'll go along with you.
This has all streamed directly from a direct question based on a direct quote of your own post in this thread after you basically begged us all to engage you here. The only thing getting derailed is your literally mindless doctrine.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you saying that Moses believed and confessed with his mouth that God died for his sins and rose from the dead?

or . . .

The first of course.

Was that a joke?

No. How else is anyone saved than by faith in Jesus?

The prophecies of the Messiah.

Book, chapter, verse.

There are way too many to list.

Start with one.

. . .

Book, chapter, verse.

This is very odd. It's as if you don't believe the prophecies concerning Jesus exist. I guess it's just something to derail the thread. I don't think I'll go along with you.

No one has said that the prophecies don't exist. What I've said is that I want you to post the scripture you think substantiates your claim that people such as Abel and Noah "were saved because they put their faith in Jesus' death and resurrection," because "last I checked, such scripture does not exist, because it didn't happen."