Friday the 13th

way 2 go

* The Timing of the Fall in the Garden of Eden: Today is Friday the 13th. Thanks for tuning in to Real Science Radio! We depart from our normal science programming to ask you a question: How soon after their creation on day six did Adam and Eve sin? It turns out that there are clues from biology, Scripture, and history that help to answer that question. In Creation magazine, in the article, Why Bible History Matters, Dr. Jonathan Sarfati makes three observations that provide a time frame.

1. Adam and Eve did not conceive any children prior to the Fall
2. Eve would likely have become pregnant during her first menstrual cycle
3. Lucifer also would have rebelled in the short time between Creation and the Fall

Recognizing that Adam and Eve fell prior to conceiving their first child is the primary realization for chronicling the earliest days in human history. Our Bible study album, Genesis: The Fall, makes these and other biblical, biological, and historical observations (some of which are presented below) that may further narrow the timing of the all of Adam and Lucifer.

* The Timing of Lucifer's Fall: The Fall encompasses the downfall of Adam, Eve, and Lucifer! Scripturally, Dr. Sarfati is on solid ground concluding that Satan fell in that short time period between creation and Adam's sin. So we add the following observations:

4. No sinless human offspring were born to Adam and Eve

We reliably infer from both secular and sacred history that Adam and Eve had no sinless offspring. For if they had, there would have been war not only in heaven, and between the fallen and unfallen angels, and between man and God, but there also would have been war between fallen and unfallen mankind. Neither secular history, nor, decisively, the Scriptures, indicate that there has been a war between fallen and unfallen mankind. Thus, Eve did not conceive a child prior to Adam's sin and the Fall.

5. At his Fall, Lucifer was "in Eden, the garden of God" Ezekiel 28:13
6. ‘I will ascend into heaven… I will ascend above the clouds…" Isaiah 14:13-14
7. So Lucifer has "fallen from [the kingdom of] heaven" Isa. 14:12

As traditionally understood, the passage interpreted as Satan's Fall in Ezekiel 28 says about Lucifer that, "You were in Eden, the garden of God." And in Isaiah 14, the parallel passage about the perfect and wise Lucifer, “you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven… I will ascend above the heights of the clouds…"