Freedom From Religion

Robert Pate

Banned
To be free from religion is to be free from the law and sin.

The words law and religion mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. When one is doing the law they are doing their religion. The law or religion is what people do to make themselves pleasing to God or to please God.

Here is the problem for those that are living by religion. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, Which we are all one of, Romans 3:10. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ, we are accepted only in him and because of his merit. If you want to go to heaven you will have to accept the works and the person of Jesus Christ and be saved by his merit and not your own.

Jesus has victoriously fulfilled the law and has abolished it for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15. The Christian is not subject to the law, nor does he live by it. He lives by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law, Paul wrote, "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6. Paul also said that the law made him want to sin, "For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came sin revived and I died" Romans 7:9. The law made Paul want to sin. There is something in human nature that when we are told not to do something, we want to do it.

If Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14. And if Jesus has fulfilled and has abolished the law for believers and we have been Made perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10, then why would anyone need religion? What good is Calvinism if God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ"? What good is Catholicism If the law has been fulfilled and abolished and sin has been atoned for? All religions are worthless. Spiritually, we who are believers, "Have been raised up and have been made to sit together in heavenly places in Jesus Christ" Ephesians 2:6.

By faith we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven. No religion needed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the law has not been abolished for the Christian, then there is no hope for salvation. Where there is law there is judgment.

Since judgment begins at the house of God, then as you say there must be law. (1 Peter 4:17)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Christian is not subject to the law, nor does he live by it.

elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:2)​

The lawless are not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. They are on their own.

Robert Pate

Banned
Since judgment begins at the house of God, then as you say there must be law. (1 Peter 4:17)

Paul said to the legalistic Galatians that wanted to live by the law.

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? Galatians 4:21.

The law will damn you to hell my religious friend.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said to the legalistic Galatians that wanted to live by the law.

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? Galatians 4:21.

The law will damn you to hell my religious friend.

The men from Jerusalem wanted the Galatian congregation to adhere to the Mosaic law. Robert, did you know that law is no longer extant. No one today is subject to being "under" the Law of Moses. You have simply built a strawman that you keep trying to tear down not realizing there is nothing there.

You are flapping in the wind.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hi Robert

Need some help in www.christianforums.com soteriology.

It has been a long hard battle and most of the antagonists have been dealt with. Skala and his pal Griff - well and truly nailed. cygnusx1 outgunned with a huge amount of effort and scripture. behe'sboy( now post as 'and one') also silenced. Hammster, the dishonest mod has also gone - got wiped out by CF staff. Only one left - nobdysfool who also uses the avatar 'forhisgloy61' and 'Albion'. (tulip bee pops up a lot but posts such nutty stuff no one takes the dude seriously.) Latest calvie to get hit with a shed load of Bible teaching was Marvin.

Many good Christians who defend the word of God are still getting nailed and banned due to 'fool. Please may I asks that ex CFers get back in the fight on CF and stand fast for true Christianity.

CF Soteriology is an open forum and leads many people astray. Please get back there and defend the true word of the Bible from ego driven head cases such as mr noddyfool.

Yours in Christ

I remember those names. I got tired of being kicked off because I told someone that they were lost.

Robert Pate

Banned
The men from Jerusalem wanted the Galatian congregation to adhere to the Mosaic law. Robert, did you know that law is no longer extant. No one today is subject to being "under" the Law of Moses. You have simply built a strawman that you keep trying to tear down not realizing there is nothing there.

You are flapping in the wind.

You have got to be kidding. For the unsaved the law is alive and well. You will see in the judgment.

Robert Pate

Banned
The mind of unbelievers is not subject to the law nor can it be. (Romans 8:7)

The reason for that is because many are reprobates.

The purpose of the law is to convict one of sin and bring them to Christ.

Paul said, "The law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the law) Galatians 3:24, 25.