FORGIVEN OR NOT ?

DougE

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

This passage says that we have been forgiven.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This passage says we have to confess to receive forgiveness.

We can not, at the same time, have forgiveness, but have to confess it in order to receive it.

1 John is written only for Israel as seen in Leviticus 26:40, Nehemiah 1:6, and Psalm 32:5.

oatmeal

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We can not, at the same time, have forgiveness, but have to confess it in order to receive it.

1 John is written only for Israel as seen in Leviticus 26:40, Nehemiah 1:6, and Psalm 32:5.
Our sins have certainly have been forgiven us in the sense that Jesus Christ already paid the price for all of them

However we still have to rise up in our minds in our hearts and our believing to live that way with that truth in mind

First John 1:9 gives us the opportunity to take the intermediate steps to achieve that state of forgiveness and cleansing that is available to us

It's similar situation is Philippians 4:19 where God says he shall supply all our needs according to his riches and glory by Christ Jesus

Well does that mean we don't have to do anything in order to have our needs applied

No it doesn't say that we still have to do our part to receive

Context includes the concepts of praying making our requests known given to the outreach of God's word thinking what God tells us to think and that's off the top of my head

As with any promise of God God will do his part but we have to do our part

DougE

Our sins have certainly have been forgiven us in the sense that Jesus Christ already paid the price for all of them

However we still have to rise up in our minds in our hearts and our believing to live that way with that truth in mind

First John 1:9 gives us the opportunity to take the intermediate steps to achieve that state of forgiveness and cleansing that is available to us

It's similar situation is Philippians 4:19 where God says he shall supply all our needs according to his riches and glory by Christ Jesus

Well does that mean we don't have to do anything in order to have our needs applied

No it doesn't say that we still have to do our part to receive

Context includes the concepts of praying making our requests known given to the outreach of God's word thinking what God tells us to think and that's off the top of my head

As with any promise of God God will do his part but we have to do our part

We have been justified unto eternal life freely Romans 3:24
Israel had to do their part to enter the kingdom on earth...we are justified by faith in Christ and his blood

musterion

Condemnation for sin is not possible for any whose sins are forgiven and who've been justified from all things.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ

Evokes the parable of the unforgiving servant too.

Then his lord called him in, and said to him, "You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me. Shouldn't you also have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?" His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him. So my heavenly Father will also do to you, if you don't each forgive your brother from your hearts for his misdeeds.

Matthew 18:21-35

Huh.

Bradley D

Ep

Eph. 4:32 to me is about the assembly of Chrisitans. I am sure now and then someone would do or say something that would upset another member. How many perfect assemblies do we have now. 1 John 1:9 deals with the Chrisitan's relation with the Father. I have to pray to the Father for my sins for forgiveness. As Chrisitians we still make mistakes and need to turn to the Father for forgiveness. Which I prefer to do than carry around guilt. Even a bad thought is a sin.