forgiven all transgressions

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is possible for you to be forgiven all of your transgressions.

Colossians 2:13 NASB - 13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

musterion

Colossians 2:13 NASB - 13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,

Yes, it is.

But the Law couldn't do it. The Law works only wrath and condemnation.

Samie

Possible to be forgiven (future) OR have been forgiven (past)? I believe in the latter, as the quoted Scripture says.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 3:19-21 KJV
(19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
(20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Possible to be forgiven (future) OR have been forgiven (past)? I believe in the latter, as the quoted Scripture says.
The Apostle Paul wrote this in his letter to the Colossians. Is he speaking about believers? Do you know if you have been forgiven all your transgressions?

Samie

The Apostle Paul wrote this in his letter to the Colossians. Is he speaking about believers? Do you know if you have been forgiven all your transgressions?
We all have been forgiven, as Scriptures say. I believe it, hence I know it. General truth in Scriptures were written for, NOT just for the Colossians, the Ephesians, etc., but for all.

The death of Jesus forgave all sins, whether one knows it or not, believes in it or not. What the IMMORTAL has for mortals done, no mortal can undo.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We all have been forgiven, as Scriptures say. I believe it, hence I know it. General truth in Scriptures were written for, NOT just for the Colossians, the Ephesians, etc., but for all.
Do you believe that all believers have been forgiven or that everyone alive or that everyone who has ever lived has been forgiven?
The death of Jesus forgave all sins, whether one knows it or not, believes in it or not. What the IMMORTAL has for mortals done, no mortal can undo.
You should evaluate your words to see if they are in accordance with scripture.

Samie

Do you believe that all believers have been forgiven or that everyone alive or that everyone who has ever lived has been forgiven?
You should evaluate your words to see if they are in accordance with scripture.
They are in accordance with Scripture:

Colossians 2:13 NASB - 13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions

The above verse you used in the OP specifies the "MAKING ALIVE" comes AFTER forgiveness, and that those "MADE ALIVE" were "MADE ALIVE TOGETHER WITH" Him. Jesus was "MADE ALIVE" when God raised Him from the grave. It was WHEN He was "MADE ALIVE" that those forgiven were "MADE ALIVE TOGETHER WITH" Him.

Note that believers in the time of Paul's preaching were NOT YET believers when Jesus resurrected, BUT Scriptures specify those already forgiven were "MADE ALIVE TOGETHER WITH" Him! Hence, it follows that those forgiven and made alive together with Him are all those for WHOM Christ died!

And for WHOM did Christ die? Scriptures say He died for ALL, for EVERY MAN:

NKJ 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

KJV Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Yes, Christ's blood forgave and cleansed us ALL - all descendants of Adam & Eve, no one exempted nor left out - from sin. The life, death, resurrection and heavenly ministry of our Lord are but the MANIFESTATION of the plan of redemption God devised BEFORE the foundation of the world (2 Tim 1:8-10) and IMPLEMENTED the day Adam sinned when God saved Adam and reinstated him to his pre-fall spiritual status, an act that cost the Father His only begotten Son - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8)!

Does this mean that because all were forgiven all will make it to heaven and eternal life? No, sir. This is why God commands ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to repent (Acts 17:30). And repentance is a change of mind for that which is good. Instead of doing evil, one does good. IOW, overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). And overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life and will be seated with Him in His throne as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). Those NOT blotted out will be ushered to the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27); all blotted out will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).

Samie

Everyone is born with sin.
That's what most preachers teach. But no verse in the Bible teaches that.

Most preachers quote Ps 51:5 where David said he was conceived in sin. But God overruled it when He Himself told Jeremiah (Jer 1:5) that He sanctified him in the womb. Hence conceived in sin but born already sanctified. And those God sanctified, He made perfect forever. Heb 10:10, 14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
They are in accordance with Scripture:

Colossians 2:13 NASB - 13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions

The above verse you used in the OP specifies the "MAKING ALIVE" comes AFTER forgiveness, and that those "MADE ALIVE" were "MADE ALIVE TOGETHER WITH" Him. Jesus was "MADE ALIVE" when God raised Him from the grave. It was WHEN He was "MADE ALIVE" that those forgiven were "MADE ALIVE TOGETHER WITH" Him.

Note that believers in the time of Paul's preaching were NOT YET believers when Jesus resurrected, BUT Scriptures specify those already forgiven were "MADE ALIVE TOGETHER WITH" Him! Hence, it follows that those forgiven and made alive together with Him are all those for WHOM Christ died!

And for WHOM did Christ die? Scriptures say He died for ALL, for EVERY MAN:

NKJ 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

KJV Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Yes, Christ's blood forgave and cleansed us ALL - all descendants of Adam & Eve, no one exempted nor left out - from sin. The life, death, resurrection and heavenly ministry of our Lord are but the MANIFESTATION of the plan of redemption God devised BEFORE the foundation of the world (2 Tim 1:8-10) and IMPLEMENTED the day Adam sinned when God saved Adam and reinstated him to his pre-fall spiritual status, an act that cost the Father His only begotten Son - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8)!
May you have the correct understanding of all these verses.
Does this mean that because all were forgiven all will make it to heaven and eternal life? No, sir. This is why God commands ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to repent (Acts 17:30). And repentance is a change of mind for that which is good. Instead of doing evil, one does good. IOW, overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). And overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life and will be seated with Him in His throne as He also overcame and sat down with the Father in His throne (Rev 3:5, 21). Those NOT blotted out will be ushered to the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27);
I don't know what you mean here, meaning where you get ushered to the heavenly portals, what this means, or what heavenly portals means.
all blotted out will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He already has, including those like you outside of Christ.
I don't understand what you intend to communicate here, nor what you mean.

Who already has and already has what and what do you mean including those like you and why do you say outside of Christ? You said those like you outside of Christ. I don't know why you say this. I have been a Christian since I was a child. Why do you say this? Why did you say this? What are you wanting to say here? What do you believe that you have said here? Why do you say I am outside of Christ? Are you to say to anyone that they are outside of Christ? What does it mean to say someone is outside of Christ? What are you attempting to accomplish by saying I am outside of Christ? Why would you say such a thing? Do you believe you are saying something that is true? What is your reason for saying this? Why do you use these words? What do these words mean to you? Are you saved? Are you thinking that you are establishing that I am outside of Christ? Do you still believe what you have said here? Can I help you here to understand that I am a Christian? Do you consider anyone to be a brother in Christ? Do you consider me to be a brother in Christ? Do you believe a brother in Christ is outside of Christ? Are you a Christian? If you say I am outside of Christ am I to consider you a brother in Christ or am I not to consider you a brother in Christ? I am a Christian. Are you a Christian? Are you my brother in Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everyone is born with sin.

And it's everyones duty to repent of their sin and become sinless through faith. I suppose then I have been without sin for 9 years and counting.

That's what most preachers teach. But no verse in the Bible teaches that.

Most preachers quote Ps 51:5 where David said he was conceived in sin. But God overruled it when He Himself told Jeremiah (Jer 1:5) that He sanctified him in the womb. Hence conceived in sin but born already sanctified. And those God sanctified, He made perfect forever. Heb 10:10, 14.

I am open for discussion about my words in post 2 of the following thread. The thoughts that we think
What is sin? If all have sinned, does this include all that have been born? Does it include all those who have been conceived? Is it possible to sin while in your mother's womb?

Samie

I am open for discussion about my words in post 2 of the following thread. The thoughts that we think
What is sin? If all have sinned, does this include all that have been born? Does it include all those who have been conceived? Is it possible to sin while in your mother's womb?
The Bible defines sin in at least FOUR (4) different ways:

1. Transgression of the law is sin. 1 John 3:4
2. All unrighteousness is sin. 1 John 5:17
3. Whatever is not of faith is sin. Rom 14:23
4. Refusing to do good is sin. James 4:17

Until shown from Scriptures that the child can do any of the 4 above, my position remains it is not possible to commit sin while still in the womb. Here are Scriptures saying children have no knowledge of good and evil:

KJV Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

NAS Romans 9:11 for though the twins were not yet born, and had not done anything good or bad, in order that God's purpose according to His choice might stand, not because of works, but because of Him who calls

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible defines sin in at least FOUR (4) different ways:

1. Transgression of the law is sin. 1 John 3:4
Where do you get your words from?
2. All unrighteousness is sin. 1 John 5:17/
Yes.
3. Whatever is not of faith is sin. Rom 14:23
Are your words from a translation? I don't know.
4. Refusing to do good is sin. James 4:17
What does the scripture say and what are you saying?
Until shown from Scriptures that the child can do any of the 4 above, my position remains it is not possible to commit sin while still in the womb. Here are Scriptures saying children have no knowledge of good and evil:

KJV Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.
What is this talking about?
NAS Romans 9:11 for though the twins were not yet born, and had not done anything good or bad, in order that God's purpose according to His choice might stand, not because of works, but because of Him who calls
I don't believe that I understand this. It says that the twins had not done anything good or bad. I believe this. Is it your opinion that there was nothing known that they had done good or bad or that they had not done anything good or bad?