Faith-Works-Love

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heave. Works alone won't get you to heave. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
(NKJ)

James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
(NKJ)

James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
(NKJ)

James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
(NKJ)

James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)

Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION.
Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be to do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
One can not come to a completion only using part of the ingrediance. When there are three parts to make a whole. Two parts will never do it alone.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
One cannot be born again until they have all three together at the same time.

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
JUDGED BY WORKS
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
1 Cor 3:12-14
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
1 Tim 5:24-25
24 Some men's sins are clearly evident, preceding them to judgment, but those of some men follow later.
25 Likewise, the good works of some are clearly evident, and those that are otherwise cannot be hidden.
Titus 3:14
14 And let our people also learn to maintain good works, to meet urgent needs, that they may not be unfruitful.
Heb 6:1
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
Heb 10:24
24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,

Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Rev 20:13
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can anyone here define Godly love. Not examples but define it with scripture.
Because the purpose of the commandments is love. Because without it no one will get to heaven.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

jzeidler

JUDGED BY WORKS,

23gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

(NKJ)

How can God judge people if there is no law? Besides, the bible is very clear that those who are in Christ are outside of the judgment of the law/works and only judged upon the works of Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How can God judge people if there is no law? Besides, the bible is very clear that those who are in Christ are outside of the judgment of the law/works and only judged upon the works of Christ.

I said
Jesus didn't do away with the idea of law. He just changed the law. From the old testament law to the new testament law of Christ.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Christians are outside the judgment of the old testament law. But are under the judgment of the new testament law.

jzeidler

I said

Jesus didn't do away with the idea of law. He just changed the law. From the old testament law to the new testament law of Christ.

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

(NKJ)

2Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

(NKJ)

If that is true then where is a definite verse starting that there is a new law? Besides the law of liberty? That is the only law in the New Testament. The law of liberty.

jzeidler

Faith-Works-Love

I said

Christians are outside the judgment of the old testament law. But are under the judgment of the new testament law.

Show me evidence for your claim friend. And keep to a few verses please cause I do t have time for much more than that.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If that is true then where is a definite verse starting that there is a new law? Besides the law of liberty? That is the only law in the New Testament. The law of liberty.

I said
A commandment is a law.

2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

John 14:23-25
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
John 15:10-12
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 14:15-17
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Show me evidence for your claim friend. And keep to a few verses please cause I do t have time for much more than that.

I said

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

(NKJ)

jzeidler

I said

A commandment is a law.

2Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

(NKJ)

John 14:23-25

23Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

24"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

25"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.

10"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

15"If you love Me, keep My commandments.

14"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Not everything in the bible is a command. Most of the NT is advice that loving leaders give to people. To think that God wants you to do a bunch of commands in order to gain his love is disgusting to me. That makes peoples relationship to god one of master slave rather than what it truly is, daddy son.

Also this is the command of Jesus.
Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Love others because you are so greatly loved. This is the command under the new covenant. Anything else is old covenant which is dead.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not everything in the bible is a command. Most of the NT is advice that loving leaders give to people. To think that God wants you to do a bunch of commands in order to gain his love is disgusting to me. That makes peoples relationship to god one of master slave rather than what it truly is, daddy son.

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Love others because you are so greatly loved. This is the command under the new covenant. Anything else is old covenant which is dead.

I said
Everything in the new testament is a command. Or law. Or order.
You might be able to live with that tunnel vision. Where you pick and choose what you like and don't like. But that tunnel vision will not get you to heaven.

10"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

15"If you love Me, keep My commandments.

14"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are suppose to be offended.

James 3:1-2

1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
(KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol I don't know where you ever came up with that. Its Gods Word.
Maybe you should go through the bible and pick out all the jokes, and advice, and theories to and try to show them to God.

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
The new testament has the law of Christ. The law of faith.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can anyone on here define love?

5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
(NKJ)

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It takes all three for righteousness. Not just one of them, not just two of them. But all three. Faith, works, love.