Explanation of Romans 11

Lon

Not sure if I have the ah ha moment here, but I understand you both now: "That tree is not Christ."

I need to listen to the rest of the video so I don't ask 'already answered that' questions (why are we then warned verse 21? How are we united to the same vine as Israel as gentiles? and the like).

DAN P

I did try to listen to the you tube , but sound was not good at all .

#1 I believe we are never grafted into a vine or are we branches as we are // este , is in the Greek present tense , meaning in the now , Gal 3:28

#2 in Rom 11:11 but because of Israel false step salvation came to the Gentiles .

#3 verse 11 Israel's false step ----------Gentiles salvation

verse 12 Israel's false step ----------world's riches

verse 12 Israel's loss-------------------Gentiles riches

verse 15 Israel's rejection -------------world's reconciliation

# 4 beginning with Abram I believe that the bible presents 3 ways in which Gentiles can be saved .

#5 Gentiles are saved through the Abrahamic Covenant

this is seen through Gen 12:3

it reads , and I will bless // barak verb stem is in the Piel which means a cause to know , in the imperfect tense , in the singular .

them that bless thee // barak is the stem Piel same as above , and is a participle in the plural .

and // galal is a participle in the singular

curse // arar , is a stem , Qal and means to know by experience , in the singular

him that curseth thee // qalal , is Piel , which means to vcause o know

shall // bara in the Niphal and means , to make known

all // Koi , in the singular

families // misparia , in the plural

of the earth // adama , and is a definite article that points to the next word , be blessed .

be blessed // barak in the Niphal , means to be known .

# 2 the next way that Gentiles could be saved would be by becoming a Proselyte as written in Num 15:14--16

#3 and Gentiles are saved by the grace of God , Rom 10:9 and 10 , Eph 2:8

# 4 and there will be Gentiles saved in the Millennial Kingdom .

dan p

Last edited: