Example of Jewish tampering of scriptures

CherubRam

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Now here is an example of unity of scripture. Now you have three witnesses, Psalms, Isaiah, and Zechriah. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Psalms 22:16.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Dogs have surrounded me;
a band of evil men has encircled me,
they have
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pierced[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] my hands and my feet.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Isaiah 53:5.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] But he was [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pierced [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mourning for the One They Pierced [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zechriah 12:10.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pierced[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif],In regards to the vav or yod letter in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It is very unfortunate that in the Dead Sea Scrolls in that very place, the letter could not be read; because it was damaged in that very place. Since this scrap is dated (in accordance with the style of letters used) in 5068 CE, it is almost 1000 years earlier than the Masoretic
text, and shows that in at least one of the earliest Hebrew traditions of Psalm 22, the word is not “like a lion” but “they dug” or “pierced.” The scrap from Psalm 22 found at Nachal Hever is what makes the Orthodox translation suspect of corruption. See Here:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.torahresource.com/English...es/Ps22.16.pdf[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The scrap from Psalm 22 found at Nachal Hever is what makes the Orthodox translation suspect of corruption.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] The scroll fragment is a Pre-Christian era Hebrew. It is not disputed by scholars. There has been hanky panky on both sides of the fence, causing Gods word to be profaned by those who do not believe. I understand you. Your saying the PDF is suspect. And that is why I answered saying: "It is not disputed among scholars." (The letter of the fragment.) The word clearly ended in a vav not a yod. The image in the PDF most likly was enhanced for the viewers. But the actual document is not disputed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The image in the PDF most likly was enhanced for the viewers. But the actual document is not disputed. The scroll fragment is a Pre-Christian era Hebrew. It is not disputed by scholars. There has been hanky panky on both sides of the fence, causing Gods word to be profaned by those who do not believe. Since this scrap is dated (in accordance with the style of letters used) in 5068 CE, it is almost 1000 years earlier than the Masoretic
text, and shows that in at least one of the earliest Hebrew traditions of Psalm 22, the word is not “like a lion” but “they dug” or “pierced.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Psalms 22:16.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Dogs have surrounded me;
a band of evil men has encircled me,
they have
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pierced[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] my hands and my feet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Foot note:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Psalm 22:16[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Some Hebrew manuscripts, Septuagint and Syriac; most Hebrew manuscripts [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]/ like the lion,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Isaiah 53:5.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] But he was [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]wounded [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The word "wounded" here is [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]מחולל [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]mecholal[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]. It refers to people who have been wounded in a fight. A synonym in the entire Tanach is [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]חלל [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]chalal[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]. If you want verses in which it is found, just ask. It doesn't mean "pierced" as in crucified.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zechriah 12:10.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pierced[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], …[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Note that [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]את [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]in Hebrew often means "with". "They shall look upon me, along [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]with[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] him whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him." The expression [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]את אשר [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]generally means "that which", but it also carries the meaning "because of". The passage is much better understood not to refer to God being pierced (which is absurd) but to follow the conclusion of the pronoun shift: that [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"they will look to me, along with the one whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for him".[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] "Me" and "him" are different persons and refer to different individuals.[/FONT]

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Zechriah 12:10.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]pierced[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], …[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Note that [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]את [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]in Hebrew often means "with". "They shall look upon me, along [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]with[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] him whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him." The expression [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]את אשר [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]generally means "that which", but it also carries the meaning "because of". The passage is much better understood not to refer to God being pierced (which is absurd) but to follow the conclusion of the pronoun shift: that [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"they will look to me, along with the one whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for him".[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] "Me" and "him" are different persons and refer to different individuals.[/FONT]

Yes and that began on the day of Pentecost when they received the witness of the 120.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

LA

chair

If the Hebrew word for "dug" was spelled with an Aleph, then maybe there would be some sense in this claim. But it is spelled with a "Heh", so you will have to look elsewhere for our supposed tampering.

beameup

Thank God that He hid the Dead Sea Scrolls until now. What other "surprises" does God have in store for us in these "last days"?
The real location of the Temple? YES :)

PS: The LXX has it correct.
ka’aru (they dug/pierced), and thus they translated the
word with the Greek word oruxsan (pierced)

Last edited:

Danoh

Yes and that began on the day of Pentecost when they received the witness of the 120.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

LA

Yep :thumb:

Credit where credit is due, Lazy.

Excellent reply.

Acts 4:23 And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them. 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.