Embracing Christ and His Gospel as Your Only Means of Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" Acts 4:12.

Not in the name of John Calvin.

Not in the name of the Catholic church

Not in the name of any religion.

Jesus and Jesus alone is the savior. Jesus saves and he saves completely.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the UTTERMOST that come unto God by him, seeing that he ever lives to make intercession for them" Hebrews 7:25.

Its not Jesus and his Gospel plus our religion or works that saves us. Its Jesus Christ and his Gospel plus nothing that saves us. Some will say, "Well what about my faith, Doesn't my faith count for something?" There is no saving merit in faith, but no one will be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours. By faith, we go outside of ourselves to Jesus Christ and his Gospel and make it ours. Paul referred to the Gospel as HIS Gospel, Romans 2:16. Paul identified himself with Christ and his Gospel and in doing so made it his Gospel. As far as Paul was concerned he had been crucified with Christ, Galatians 2:20.

It is the work of Satan to make you think that in some way you can participate in your salvation. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do to participate in you own salvation. The Catholic church teaches that your old sinful Adamic nature can be rehabilitated through the works of the law and religion. It doesn't work. The more you try to make yourself better through works and religion the more you will sin. This is why Paul wrote, "But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:8, 9.

You cannot overcome sin with religion. The only way that one can overcome sin is by believing that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. We believe like Paul that we have been crucified with Christ that the body of sin might be destroyed, Romans 6:6. You don't have to be a slave to something that has been destroyed. But if you are fighting it and trying to overcome it, it will get the best of you, this is why religion promotes sin. There is something in human nature that when you told not to do something that you want to do it.

The purpose of this article is to try and show you that your salvation is in Christ alone, plus nothing. Religion whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or whatever religion is not the answer to your salvation, nor is it the answer to your Christian life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus and Jesus alone is the savior.

We know that is not true. It is Jesus' God who determines when a person will be offered salvation.

Jesus is not our Father, Jesus' God is our father and it's his family, of whom Jesus is a servant.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
We know that is not true. It is Jesus' God who determines when a person will be offered salvation.

Jesus is not our Father, Jesus' God is our father and it's his family, of whom Jesus is a servant.

You can't really separate the trinity. God is three persons in one. They are three in one, but their functions are different

God the Father stays in heaven.

God the Son comes into the world as the savior.

God the Holy Spirit glorifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer.

They are all equal and there is perfect harmony in them, 1 John 5:7, 8.

beloved57

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" Acts 4:12.

Not in the name of John Calvin.

Not in the name of the Catholic church

Not in the name of any religion.

Jesus and Jesus alone is the savior. Jesus saves and he saves completely.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the UTTERMOST that come unto God by him, seeing that he ever lives to make intercession for them" Hebrews 7:25.

Its not Jesus and his Gospel plus our religion or works that saves us. Its Jesus Christ and his Gospel plus nothing that saves us. Some will say, "Well what about my faith, Doesn't my faith count for something?" There is no saving merit in faith, but no one will be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours. By faith, we go outside of ourselves to Jesus Christ and his Gospel and make it ours. Paul referred to the Gospel as HIS Gospel, Romans 2:16. Paul identified himself with Christ and his Gospel and in doing so made it his Gospel. As far as Paul was concerned he had been crucified with Christ, Galatians 2:20.

It is the work of Satan to make you think that in some way you can participate in your salvation. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do to participate in you own salvation. The Catholic church teaches that your old sinful Adamic nature can be rehabilitated through the works of the law and religion. It doesn't work. The more you try to make yourself better through works and religion the more you will sin. This is why Paul wrote, "But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:8, 9.

You cannot overcome sin with religion. The only way that one can overcome sin is by believing that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. We believe like Paul that we have been crucified with Christ that the body of sin might be destroyed, Romans 6:6. You don't have to be a slave to something that has been destroyed. But if you are fighting it and trying to overcome it, it will get the best of you, this is why religion promotes sin. There is something in human nature that when you told not to do something that you want to do it.

The purpose of this article is to try and show you that your salvation is in Christ alone, plus nothing. Religion whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or whatever religion is not the answer to your salvation, nor is it the answer to your Christian life.

You preach the Gospel of freewill!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
They are all equal, because they are all as one. No one can really understand the trinity.

Of course they are all equal.

I am going to the Father, for My Father is greater than I. (John 14:28)

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus... (Acts 3:13)

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3)​

Yep, all equal except there is only one Commander-in-Chief. The Most High.

Robert Pate

Banned
You mean I never came to my own freewill! That is your savior christ.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

What you are going to hear in the judgment is... "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

He never knew you because you never asked him to save you.

beloved57

Of course. "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

I called and the Lord heard me and saved me.
You don't believe in Christ, you call upon your own freewill. Don't you teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't believe in Christ, you call upon your own freewill. Don't you teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways?

If they don't accept Christ as Saviour.