Doomed Denominations?

glassjester

Are there any doomed Christian denominations - people who will be eternally damned for believing a particular set of doctrines?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are there any doomed Christian denominations - people who will be eternally damned for believing a particular set of doctrines?

All denominations are doomed.
Not all people within denominations are doomed.
Many of them are in the one and only true church, which is the body of Christ.

Christian Liberty

Anyone who denies justification by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (with correct understanding of "justification" "grace" "faith" and most of all "Christ") is lost.

OCTOBER23

Are there any doomed Christian denominations

Because there can be Only ONE

THE CHURCH OF GOD

1Co 10:32 Give none offence,

neither to the Jews,

nor to the Gentiles,

nor to the church of God:

1Ti 3:5 For if a man know not how to rule his own house,

how shall he take care of the church of God?

Christian Liberty

Lost for how long?

I can't say because God can regenerate someone at any time. But when he does they will have the Biblically correct view of these matters. Who Christ is, what he came to do, and what they need to trust in. I'm not saying they will understand perfectly. But even a child-like basic faith accepts the mystery of the trinity (which means Christ's divinity also) and that salvation is by trusting in Jesus Christ's sacrifice alone for salvation.

Christian Liberty

But if they never accept the truth of those things (which they can only do if God elected them unto life) they will be eternally consciously tormented.

Bradley D

I do not claim any denomination. I started in the 50's/60's as an Episcopalian. They got liberal. Then as a Salvationist. They got money oriented. I studied at a Wesleyan college. I found Wesley's works interesting. However, did not find many who followed his teachings. My wife is a Catholic. I consider myself a Christian and have friends who attend different denominations. A denomination is not the Church. Church meaning a assembly of people. The people/Christians are the church. Whither you meet in a building or in someone's living room. My doctrine are from what I read in the Bible. I study the Bible everyday. I continue to grow spiritually everyday. Fighting against the flesh and letting go of things that are not spiritual and have nothing with the hereafter. Not an easy life, but a worthwhile life.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Alright, let me go ahead and speed this up to the inevitable.

Came across a picture of the Pope today:

mystry_babylon.jpg

:chuckle:
JP

No, theology is not a factor in salvation. Theology is simply a tool to greater understanding, but the heart either is or isn't with Christ. By theology comes doctrine, and doctrine is a man made instrument to structuring belief.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes. Pay attention to what Paul says.

1 Corinthians 1

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

People who deviate, usually by adding to the gospel are lost. Those who take from the gospel are lost. Paul says by his heart, let them be accursed.

This Charming Manc

So are we justified by grace through faith or correct theology?

I can't say because God can regenerate someone at any time. But when he does they will have the Biblically correct view of these matters. Who Christ is, what he came to do, and what they need to trust in. I'm not saying they will understand perfectly. But even a child-like basic faith accepts the mystery of the trinity (which means Christ's divinity also) and that salvation is by trusting in Jesus Christ's sacrifice alone for salvation.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Salvation is actually pretty simple.
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.----Acts 16:31
I don't see in that any requirement of belonging to a specific denomination or brand of Christianity. It is understanding who Jesus is and giving Him Lordship of your life.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

"Who am I to judge?"

All that we can say, GJ, is that there are denominations whose doctrines are false, and that it would be a mortal sin (all of the relevant conditions obtaining) to hold to those doctrines, knowing full well that the opposite is true or has been revealed.

Conversely, we must say, again, that there is a single Church that Christ has established, outside of which there is no salvation, and it is a mortal sin (all of the relevant conditions obtaining) to reject it.

Who will be damned or saved?

"Only God knows the heart."

Beyond that? See my signature.

Again, in the words of St. Padre Pio:

"Pray, hope and don't worry."

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is actually pretty simple.
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.----Acts 16:31
I don't see in that any requirement of belonging to a specific denomination or brand of Christianity. It is understanding who Jesus is and giving Him Lordship of your life.

"Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. [22] Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" (Matthew 7:21-23).

"And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:2).