Does God's Sovereignty Overide His Holy, Just, Merciful, Righteous Character?

Robert Pate

Banned
God cannot and will not sin against himself and his created beings. All that God does is just, merciful and righteous. This is why we can love and trust him. If you don't believe this, then it is not possible to have faith in him. God cannot do evil. Many Calvinist believe that he can and does. Many believe that God is a tyrant and that he condemns people to hell before they are born. This is a terrible thing to believe about God and is blasphemy. How can a God that so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the world, John 3:16, do such a terrible thing, answer is that he can't.

King David had a relationship with God that many of the other patriarchs did not have. He frequently expressed his love for God in the Psalms that he wrote.

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness and for his wonderful works to the children of men. For he satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry with his goodness" Psalm 107:8, 9.

It was my faith in the goodness of God that brought me to Christ. Just like the scripture said, "The goodness of God leads to repentance" Romans 2:4. After years of rejection I became aware of the hardness and bitterness of my heart. I am thankful that the Lord was longsuffering towards me. I didn't become a Christian until I was 34. Most people come to Christ when they are Children, before they become sophisticated. The call was always there, but I didn't want to give up my sinful life style.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3:9.

The God that I know is kind, gentle, holy, just, merciful and righteous. He is the God that is in the Bible. I don't know the Calvinist God that damns people to hell before they are born, nor do I want to. I don't think that I would want to spend eternity with the God of Calvinism. He cannot be trusted. I don't think that Calvinist trust him either.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The answer to your question is no. God's Sovereignty does not overide anything.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Abolishing his law would have been sin, so that didn't happen.

Jesus abolished the law for Christians, Ephesians 2:15.

But you can still be under it if you want to, just don't believe that he did. To be under the law is to be judged by the law. Would you like to be judged by the law?

Epoisses

Abolishing his law would have been sin, so that didn't happen.

God's law condemns sin so hate and lust are condemned before they come to fruition. The old covenant law is a shadow that points forward to Christ's agape love.

Truster

But you can still be under it if you want to, just don't believe that he did. To be under the law is to be judged by the law. Would you like to be judged by the law?

Being unregenerate you are under law.

Truster

That's all you do is tell others how they can't possibly know what you know, you are so full of yourself that you are blinded

What is it about hypocrisy that you don't understand. Don't you see the worthlessness of accusing me of being accusative?

Stupidity is not a crime so you are free to go.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."
(Romans 8:2)

If you are not subject to the Spirit's law then you do not belong to the Father.

The Father is the Spirit. There is one body and one Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."
(Romans 8:2)

If you are not subject to the Spirit's law then you do not belong to the Father.

The Father is the Spirit. There is one body and one Spirit.

The law of the Spirit is the Gospel.

In the Gospel we are complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law of the Spirit is the Gospel.

The word "gospel" refers to a news message from the Spirit, not his law.

As for your misunderstanding of Colossians 2:10 Peter said we must grow in grace and knowledge of Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
The word "gospel" refers to a news message from the Spirit, not his law.

As for your misunderstanding of Colossians 2:10 Peter said we must grow in grace and knowledge of Christ.

The Gospel is that we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Our sanctification (the Christian life) is that we grow in grace and the knowledge of Christ.

Truster

Cheers for providing a word I did not know, and had to look up the meaning of.

It's used by Paul, but I can't remember where. That's the only reason I know it. It's a transliterated noun and would be understood in English as phony wordist.

Pseudo is used many times and is mostly translated as false, but would better be understood as phony.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Gospel is that we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Our sanctification (the Christian life) is that we grow in grace and the knowledge of Christ.

The word "perfect" was added and is not inspired, but we are made complete in Christ through the Father's Spirit.