Does 1 Cor 15:3 teach particular atonement ?

beloved57

Yes it does, for it reads that Christ died for our sins according to scripture. Now what scripture ? During that time scripture was the OT, the law and the prophets. Lk 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Now one of the prominent ways the law of moses things were written of Him was by types and shadows, and one such very well known to the jews was the Passover. This was only for the jews, a chosen people, which typified the Israel of God. Now the Israel of God is spiritual and is made up of jews and gentile chosen people. Paul writing to the same church wrote earlier 1 Cor 5:7

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Remember the Passover sacrifice was discriminate and particular !

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Scripture-Gospel=New Testament

2 Tim 3:16-4:4
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
CHAPTER 4
1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 17:4,5
4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!"
Heb 4:12-16
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
John 14:1-4
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 "And where I go you know, and the way you know."
John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
John 3:34-36
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
2 Cor 5:18-21
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
[Mat 11:12-13
[12] "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
[13] "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
[Luk 16:16
[16] "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
[Gal 2:19-21
[19] "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
[20] "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
[21] "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
Rev 22:17-19
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

... Gods Word is what is written in the Bible. And in the bible the new testament says to go by the new testament that the old testament is obsolete. God gave His Word to Jesus, Jesus gave that same Word to the apostles, the apostles gave that Word to us. And now we share that Word with others. The verses were good enough for Jesus, the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, we are to believe the verses and rely on them. We are to share them verses with other believers. The Word is the verses, every verse is a spiritual principle. And the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. The Holy Spirit will teach us with them verses. And Jesus will give us revelations with alot of them verses. There is only one verse in the old testament that uses the word scripture and it is talking about the future. The word scriptures doesnt even show up in the old testament.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx Dan 10-21 is the only time the word scripture is ever used in the old testament. And as you can see in Rom 4-17 that in the old testament God spoke of things that didnt exist as though they did exist. Like Scripture.

[Dan 10:21
21 "But I will tell you what is noted in the Scripture of Truth. (No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince.

[Rom 4:17
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed--God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

beloved57

The same is typified on the day of atonement, it wasn’t for all the sins of every individual that sacrifice was made, but particularly for the Children of Israel Lev 16:18-21

18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.

19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

20 And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

beloved57

Scripture-Gospel=New Testament

2 Tim 3:16-4:4
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
CHAPTER 4
1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 17:4,5
4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!"
Heb 4:12-16
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
John 14:1-4
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 "And where I go you know, and the way you know."
John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
John 3:34-36
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
2 Cor 5:18-21
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
[Mat 11:12-13
[12] "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
[13] "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
[Luk 16:16
[16] "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
[Gal 2:19-21
[19] "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
[20] "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
[21] "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain.
Rev 22:17-19
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
(NKJ)

... Gods Word is what is written in the Bible. And in the bible the new testament says to go by the new testament that the old testament is obsolete. God gave His Word to Jesus, Jesus gave that same Word to the apostles, the apostles gave that Word to us. And now we share that Word with others. The verses were good enough for Jesus, the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, we are to believe the verses and rely on them. We are to share them verses with other believers. The Word is the verses, every verse is a spiritual principle. And the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. The Holy Spirit will teach us with them verses. And Jesus will give us revelations with alot of them verses. There is only one verse in the old testament that uses the word scripture and it is talking about the future. The word scriptures doesnt even show up in the old testament.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
(NKJ)

xxx Dan 10-21 is the only time the word scripture is ever used in the old testament. And as you can see in Rom 4-17 that in the old testament God spoke of things that didnt exist as though they did exist. Like Scripture.

[Dan 10:21
21 "But I will tell you what is noted in the Scripture of Truth. (No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince.

[Rom 4:17
17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed--God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
spam

Nanja

The same is typified on the day of atonement, it wasn’t for all the sins of every individual that sacrifice was made, but particularly for the Children of Israel Lev 16:18-21

18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.

19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

20 And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

Amen to #1 and #3 !

The "our sins" that Christ died for according to the scriptures 1 Cor. 15:3, and the "People" that National Israel represented, pertains to a Particular Seed Gal. 3:16; 29, thus Particular Atonement.

For just as Aaron's Priesthood was specifically for the Children of Israel Heb. 9:13, so is Christ as the Merciful and Faithful High Priest in behalf of His Chosen People Eph. 1:4-7 exclusively; the Israel of God through the shedding of His Blood Heb. 9:14.

Heb. 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

As when Aaron laid both hands upon the head of the goat and sent him away with the sins of the Children of Israel Lev. 16:21; so likewise Christ was to bear the sins of His Seed Is. 53:10, 11 the Elect Children of Israel, to take away the sins of a Particular World of People John 1:29 that was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

beloved57

The children of israel in the wilderness, or the church in the wilderness Acts 7:38

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

It was a type of the Church under the New Covenant, for it consisted of Abrahams physical natural seed the jews. The Church of Christ consiteth of Abrahams Spiritual seed the believer in Christ regardless of ethnicity. Gal 3:7,26,28,29

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And its this seed of Abraham Christ came into the world to identify with and die for specifically.

Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to ma​ke reconciliation for the sins of the people.

It was for this peoples sins Christ died for in 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Last edited:

Nanja

The children of israel in the wilderness, or the church in the wilderness Acts 7:38

[FONT=&]This is he, that was in the [/FONT]church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

It was a type of the Church under the New Covenant, for it consisted of Abrahams physical natural seed the jews. The Church of Christ consiteth of Abrahams Spiritual seed the believer in Christ regardless of ethnicity. Gal 3:7,26,28,29

7 [FONT=&]Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

[/FONT]
26 [FONT=&]For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And its this seed of Abraham Christ came into the world to identify with and die for specifically.

Heb 2:16-17

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to ma​ke reconciliation for the sins of the people.

It was for this peoples sins Christ died for in 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;[/FONT]

Amen Brother ! Christ's Atonement was Particularly for the World of His Chosen Seed to have forgiveness / remission of sins Eph. 1:3-7, which is comprised of the Church Eph. 5:25, or the Seed of Abraham; the Seed or Children of Israel Gal. 3:16, 29; that was Promised Salvation 2 Tim. 1:9.

Is. 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Is. 45:25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified [Made Righteous Rom. 5:19], and shall glory.

The Seed of Israel [Christ's Seed] promised to be Justified is Israel's Is. 49:3 [Christ's] Body the Church.

beloved57

Amen Brother ! Christ's Atonement was Particularly for the World of His Chosen Seed to have forgiveness / remission of sins Eph. 1:3-7, which is comprised of the Church Eph. 5:25, or the Seed of Abraham; the Seed or Children of Israel Gal. 3:16, 29; that was Promised Salvation 2 Tim. 1:9.

Is. 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Is. 45:25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified [Made Righteous Rom. 5:19], and shall glory.

The Seed of Israel [Christ's Seed] promised to be Justified is Israel's Is. 49:3 [Christ's] Body the Church.

God has blessed you with a good understanding of these things !

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
As in Adam all die so as in Christ all shall be made alive.

The catch in the above verse is that NOT ALL are in Christ. All are by nature in Adam but NONE by nature are in Christ. So all in Adam will die. But those IN Christ will be made alive.

In order to be made alive in Christ one needs to be in Christ first. Otherwise he dies the death of Adam.