Do You Judge Your Own Christianity?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Judge Yourself

How do you judge your christianity? By how much you go to church? By compareing your success to neighbors? By comparing your goodness to your mate? By comparing your childrens grades in school to relatives children? By how you feel about yourself? By how much more you know about the stories in the bible than the people around you? This is all carnal deception.
The true way to judge your christianity is by comparing yourself to Jesus and the apostles. And to see how much of the new testament you can quote word for word from the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 11:31
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
1 Cor 11:1
1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

xxx Can you define love?

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
I Jn 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
(NKJ)

xxx Can you define justice?

Matt 12:18-20
18 "Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen, my Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Because how you can quote word for word proves everything

I said
Very good. It also proves you know the Holy Spirit. It demonstrates your knowledge in the subject. If one goes to a doctor and he wants to take a doohickey out of you, your not going to believe him. But if he quotes from a medical book you will let him. If you go to a mechanic and he says your thingamabob needs changing your not going to let him. But if he says your spark plugs need changing you will let him. So why do people go to a preacher that doesn't quote from the training manuel?

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is not a training manual.

I said
Then you don't know the bible. Obeying Jesus' commandments is our training and works to prove we believe in Him.

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.Jhn
14:15, 21
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. ..
. 21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
[Jhn 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Truster

I said
Then you don't know the bible. Obeying Jesus' commandments is our training and works to prove we believe in Him.

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.Jhn
14:15, 21
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. ..
. 21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
[Jhn 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

The Bible is the revealed will and testament of the Eternal Almighty. The heirs of promise have a part in that will. Anyone can read it but only the heirs can benefit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is the revealed will and testament of the Eternal Almighty. The heirs of promise have a part in that will. Anyone can read it but only the heirs can benefit.

I said
An heir is any Christian that becomes a son of God by adoption.

Gal 4:1-2
1 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,
2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.
(NKJ)

Gal 4:4-7
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
(NKJ)

Truster

I said
An heir is any Christian that becomes a son of God by adoption.

Gal 4:1-2
1 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,
2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.
(NKJ)

Gal 4:4-7
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
(NKJ)

It's not adoption, it's sonship.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Adoption is a mistranslation and the English word does not convey what the original did.

I said
So you say. I'll stick with the Word of God that God presented me with. Its been perfect for 40 years now. What you call a mistranslation I call a correction.

Col 1:26-27
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
(NKJ)

Truster

I said
So you say. I'll stick with the Word of God that God presented me with. Its been perfect for 40 years now. What you call a mistranslation I call a correction.

Col 1:26-27
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
(NKJ)

You must be one of these people who think the the Bible was written in English.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You must be one of these people who think the the Bible was written in English.

I said
lol No I'm one of these guys that knows the Holy Spirit. And knows that the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. And He quotes all these verses to me the way they are written now.

John 7:38-40
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
40 Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying, said, "Truly this is the Prophet."
(NKJ)

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Truster

I said
lol No I'm one of these guys that knows the Holy Spirit. And knows that the Holy Spirit only quotes Gods Word. And He quotes all these verses to me the way they are written now.

John 7:38-40
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
40 Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying, said, "Truly this is the Prophet."
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

The Hebrew scribes knew the scriptures, but unto them it was the killing letter. They had a zeal, but without knowledge.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Hebrew scribes knew the scriptures, but unto them it was the killing letter. They had a zeal, but without knowledge.

I said
Isnt that what you have got. You use human wisdom to criticize the Word of God. You say the scriptures are misinterpreted. And you use mans wisdom to do so.

Truster

I said
Isnt that what you have got. You use human wisdom to criticize the Word of God. You say the scriptures are misinterpreted. And you use mans wisdom to do so.

It is the Holy Spirit that leads me into all truth and away from what man has wrongly translated.