Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

Dan Emanuel

If you believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ in any way, your Trinitarian.
No, that is not the truth...
Yes it is. If you believe in any way, the deity of our Lord, but you deny the Trinity, then your confused. Accept it.
The only logical solution to Jesus being our Creator in the flesh is the Trinity.
...Can you count to two?
No.

You believe that Jesus is our Creator in the flesh? Really? Our Creator is 1.

Daniel

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your claim has been debunked over and over. You cannot find anywhere it says you have to believe in the trinity to be saved.

All your claims are denominational assumptions, not biblical. In other words, you are perverting the scripture.

It is a grave sin to add your own ideas into God's word.

So says, a poster who ONLY trusts in the books of, Matthew,
Mark, and Luke, rejects the rest of the Bible, and literally "despises"
the Apostle Paul. Oh, and she says the "Jehovah Witnesses" are
holy.

glorydaz

That is as stupid as saying that the only purpose of Trinitarianism is to deny the monotheism of God.

Unitarianism is based on believing the multitude of verses in the Bible that state that there is only one true God and that is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Trinitarianism is based on the disbelief that the Messiah could do what He did without actually being God.

"The multitude of verses...." CleverDan

He's hiding in plain sight....odd that you can't see Him.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:15 Verily Thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

John 4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I "think" a person can be a Christian, although a very ignorant one if they
don't accept the Trinity. Speaking of ignorant, where is Meshak?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"The Trinity" is a WAY to look at God in the New Testament, just as "He died for our sins" is a WAY to look at the crucifixion of Jesus.

The term is a theological one. It is not found in Scripture.

Lon

"The Trinity" is a WAY to look at God in the New Testament, just as "He died for our sins" is a WAY to look at the crucifixion of Jesus.

The term is a theological one. It is not found in Scripture.
Incorrect.

No "English" word is found in the New Testament so to try to say "trinity" doesn't exist in the NT is misleading and incorrect.

The doctrine (idea) of the Trinity certainly does exist in scripture or none of us would be convinced of it.

John 1:1 translates trinity/triune very clearly among other clear and important scriptures.

If you are not supporting scripture, all of it, you are against it. We all 'can' be ignorant or mistaken in some of our beliefs but must be corrected/correctable when clear scripture demands our view be changed to fit His expectation. Every Christian must be corrected and correctable by our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus: "My Lord and my God!"

"If" you know English, you know how clearly said this is.

If you deny God the Savior, such is a grievous sin because you are calling the God who defines Himself less than He is claiming. How in the world can you honor the Son if you purposefully or ignorantly demote Him AND declare Him with less honor and rights. Can such a one be a 'Christian' when "Christ" loses His rightful place in that one's life and is demoted?

Philippians 2:10-11 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and tthat every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 20:28 Thomas answered Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

Psalm 2:10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Psalm 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You do it. You interpret God's word the way you think it makes sense and reject the parts of His Word you disagree with such as the Book of John.

If you can show us Jesus says we have to believe in the trinity to be saved, show us.

Otherwise your word are just empty claim and spreading false gospel.

I know you cannot show us because it is not there. this is for Lon too..

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Many of you misusing and abusing the scripture to justify your wicked deeds and practice.

Even satan uses scripture to make accusations against God's people.

Lon

Meshak, In the end, It does not matter what you or I say (it really doesn't). God's Word alone stands forever. 1 Peter 1:25 Isaiah 55:11 The ONLY important thing for you and I to do is to clearly reiterate what it says, not what we think, hope, or imagine He says. He is the last word on all matters. For that, the one who understands language the best, tends to be the more listened to and more gifted for explaining that. Because English is your second language, I genuinely feel this is not your gifts or ability and you are neglecting, ignoring, and wasting whatever real gift God would/has to give you.
I do hope, that you will discover in debating here on TOL, that your place in God and Christ is all because of Him, and not you at all. Please read 1 Corinthians 4 tonight for your devotions and pray about it and please memorize verse 7 because it echos Colossians 1:16-18 and John 15:5 We have nothing and can do nothing to gain salvation 'that we didn't already also receive -from Him.' Ephesians 2:8&9 we are saved by faith, not of ourselves.
Dear Lord Jesus, Please help Meshak to see your words, not mine, today. Help her accept you as God and accept your words that will change her if she will not resist and come to you humbly and say you are God, and she is not. Please make/keep this as my prayer for myself also. Amen.

Last edited:

Lon

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you elaborate a bit more specifically on this from your perspective?

Thanks.:D
Clear enough: That we trinitarians don't believe Jesus could save us unless He were God. Some trinitarians argue that unless He is God, we cannot be saved (I think there is strong merit to this).

I argue that we cannot be indwelled by a mere mortal. Unless God indwells us, we are hopelessly lost, therefore the one who does indwell us is certainly God. 1 Corinthians 3:16 2 Corinthians 6:16 1 John 2:23-29 (the equivocation is incredibly clear in scripture).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, In the end. It does matter what you or I say (it really doesn't). God's Word stands forever. 1 Peter 1:25 Isaiah 55:11 The ONLY important thing for you and I to do is to clearly reiterate what it says, not what we think, hope, or imagine He says. He is the last word on all matters. For that, the one who understands language the best, tends to be the more listened to and more gifted for explaining that. Because English is your second language, I genuinely feel this is not your gifts or ability and you are neglecting, ignoring, and wasting whatever real gift God would/has to give you.
I do hope, that you will discover in debating here on TOL, that your place in God and Christ is all because of Him, and not you at all. Please read 1 Corinthians 4 tonight for your devotions and pray about it and please memorize verse 7 because it echos Colossians 1:16-18 and John 15:5 We have nothing and can do nothing to gain salvation 'that we didn't already also receive -from Him.' Ephesians 2:8&9 we are saved by faith, not of ourselves.

Any of your quotes are not saying "you have to believe in the trinity to be saved."

You are misusing the scripture to fit your man-made doctrine. This kind of technique you learn from your Bible college.

You don't have to go to bible college to know Jesus' simple teachings.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Your mindless parroting...

:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

This kid knows something. :think:

See:

Roman Catholicism

article-2603146-1BD9408200000578-292_636x430.jpg

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Clear enough: That we trinitarians don't believe Jesus could save us unless He were God. Some trinitarians argue that unless He is God, we cannot be saved (I think there is strong merit to this).

I argue that we cannot be indwelled by a mere mortal. Unless God indwells us, we are hopelessly lost, therefore the one who does indwell us is certainly God. 1 Corinthians 3:16 2 Corinthians 6:16 1 John 2:23-29 (the equivocation is incredibly clear in scripture).

Agreed, even if someone can't articulate the "hows".

glorydaz

Incorrect.

No "English" word is found in the New Testament so to try to say "trinity" doesn't exist in the NT is misleading and incorrect.

The doctrine (idea) of the Trinity certainly does exist in scripture or none of us would be convinced of it.

John 1:1 translates trinity/triune very clearly among other clear and important scriptures.

If you are not supporting scripture, all of it, you are against it. We all 'can' be ignorant or mistaken in some of our beliefs but must be corrected/correctable when clear scripture demands our view be changed to fit His expectation. Every Christian must be corrected and correctable by our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus: "My Lord and my God!"

"If" you know English, you know how clearly said this is.

If you deny God the Savior, such is a grievous sin because you are calling the God who defines Himself less than He is claiming. How in the world can you honor the Son if you purposefully or ignorantly demote Him AND declare Him with less honor and rights. Can such a one be a 'Christian' when "Christ" loses His rightful place in that one's life and is demoted?

Amen. :e4e: